Could I have C-PTSD from these experiences? Possible trigger warning.

Started by yogi, November 13, 2017, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yogi

Quote from: Blueberry on January 05, 2018, 04:45:05 PM
:hug: I'm sorry things are so hard for you atm yogi! Our FOOs are often full of denial about what they did to us. I often feel guilt and shame too, but they aren't my guilt and shame. It's part of CPTSD that we take on others' guilt and shame.

You are not an awful person! You are a brave person to stand up and give your opinion in FOO. You did not ruin your mother's Christmas!

Standing with you!

I'd never thought of the guilt and shame as being part of C-PTSD. I feel so confused and perhaps paranoid recently, can't seem to get my head straight about any of what happened over Christmas. Thanks for the solidarity :)

yogi

QuoteNo parent should ever cause these types of feelings in their child, it is not normal or healthy behaviour, it just isn't. I see in my own parenting how different I am with my son, what positive parenting looks like and that's not it.   

Sending much understanding and support and care to you  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Holding on tightly to what you said here Kizzie. Thank you so much for your support.

Andyman73

Yogi,
CPTSD comes from long term exposure to the trauma..., where as PTSD comes from shorter duration events. Example, soldiers in war often develop PTSD from the traumas of war. But not CPTSD. However, it is quite common among POWs.  FOr us here, I'm quite sure, very few here, have military/war based ptsd. Or from being a Prisoner of War.  But that's not saying none of us. Just maybe few of us.
I've lived with PTSD since 1994. AS far as I recognized the symptoms in my daily life. I just didn't know that's what it was. As far as CPTSD..I don't know when that terminology was coined. And I sure never would have guessed that I actually had that. And now that most of my memories(I hope)have returned...it's definetely cptsd for me.  :stars:

All I can say is be gentle with yourself as you journey along this path.