Bullying

Started by BlancaLap, November 14, 2017, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlancaLap

I suffered every type of bullying in school and I think that played a central role in my C-PTSD. Everyone can relate? Do you think we should have a BULLYING IN SCHOOL category in this forum?

Sceal

I experienced this too. I think it was one of the first contributors for me to devellop cPTSD.

Blueberry

Basically, i was bullied at home. Then I had no idea how to function in other situations, how to defend myself, how not to be bullied etc etc and so I was bullied in all sorts of other places - at school, at places of work....

ah

What Blueberry said. Definitely. I think I was bullied from birth, so when the time came for school and later work, I didn't know how to protect except to freeze. I was bullied relentlessly in school as a kid, then again as an adult.

I think bullying as a reason for c-ptsd makes perfect sense.
And yeah, when we're not good at protecting ourselves from bullies it raises the question: did someone else bully us already and condition us to it?

BlancaLap

Yeah, I get what you're trying to say. My parents conditioned me a lot and I think about it all the time, I try to not think about it though...
I used to be the fight type, the one that doesn't endure any type of abuse without a fight, and my father... well, he used to be very aggressive... and I would stand up to him, but that would only make him angrier, and he would never apologise... and my mother... she used to tell me all the time that the best I could do was stay silent and endure the abuse the best I could... but I couldn't understand, understand how she could told me that, understand why she couldn't stand up to him... after everything he had done to her. Well, pretty long speech I know hahahahaha thank you for reading it. And if someone can make a bullying in school section and thinks it is a good idea, let me know! I'm sure I will make a post in that section telling my story...

Blueberry

Even if Bullying in School is not set up as a section, you can still write your story! It might help you get more people reading and replying if you asked the Mods to move this thread to Development of CPTSD in Childhood.

BlancaLap

Okay, maybe I can do that. Thanks!

purplegiraffe

For me also, the bullying started at home.  From then on I struggled with fitting into groups and standing up for myself too, and even now as an adult, I am treated differently but in more subtle ways.

BlancaLap

I'm so sorry to hear that...
No one deserces to be treated badly.