New to the forum

Started by Tumpervet1, November 14, 2017, 07:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumpervet1

Hello all. I am still unsure to where I fit in here. I was emotionally abused as a child and in an abusive marriage currently. Seeking therapy I have my first visit on Friday. Hopefully it will confirm my suspicions of having C-PTSD.  Today was a difficult day as my husband started his fighting with me.  I felt like I couldn't breathe. I feel so alone and I have no one to turn to. I'm so afraid to leave. I have two small children age 4 and 6. Two little girls. I want out of this abuse.

Kat

Welcome, Tumpervet1!  I'm so glad you've found your way here.  I'm also glad you'll be meeting with a therapist, not so much so you'll get the diagnosis you're looking for (although that will help), but because you deserve a safe place to be able to be yourself and get the support you need.  Your therapist should be able to help you out with figuring out a safe way to leave your abusive husband. Best of luck.  I look forward to getting to hear an update soon. 

Dee

Welcome!  Sounds like you are taking your first steps to recovery.  It's hard to do and you should be proud of yourself.

Resca

We're so happy you found us, Tumpervet! I'm sorry to hear that you're in such a terrible situation - no one deserves to feel stuck in an abusive place, especially after everything you've already been through. But it sounds like you're taking steps toward recovery, which is a really powerful thing. And we're happy to support you on that path :hug: Stay strong.

Dee

Also, you can fit in, in more than one place.  I do.

Three Roses

Welcome! You'll fit in anywhere you feel is appropriate for you. It's more about what feels right for you, and less about the "right" place to post. Glad you're here, thanks for joining.
:heythere:

JamesG

welcome!

you've taken a huge first step by coming here and getting assistance. Monumental stuff. The people in here are amazing and there is a wealth of great advice and encouragement from people who understand as only those who have experienced these things can provide. Pour out anything and everything you need to express, it will take some pressure off, we will be happy to hear what you have to say and show solidarity as you get ready to change your life.

Proud of you. x