Does anyone have a good book to recommend regarding

Started by Babysister, May 14, 2017, 11:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babysister

Distinguishing non-harmful people from what your abuser did to you? This has been my most difficult issue and caused me to isolate because in every face i see  the potential for harm like my abuser. I cannot help it. It is not something i "see"  visually;it is a feeling of panic and general fear i have around people. People are a trigger for me. I love myself and my own company and i had a huge breakthrough realizing it is my adult sibling abuser i feel not the people around me  now i am taking steps to form friendships. Any advice, books, ideas welcome.  :hug: :heythere:

Three Roses

Pete Walker's book "From Surviving To Thriving" is a good one and covers a lot of ground. A lot of us here rely on it & think of it as essential reading. Hope you find one that works for you. :wave:

Babysister

Actually i did NOT find that book helpful at all. There's a really good summation by a therapist on amazon. Com reviews as to why his book is ineffective.
I researched and found books by christine courtois and babette rothschild and they are truly amazing! I hope these books help you.