Should I start a journal online? Does it help

Started by BlancaLap, November 19, 2017, 07:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlancaLap

I'm currently doing some sort of journal in my phone. Does it feel different when it is online?

Sceal

I used to write journals on my computer. then I moved to handwriting. But now I write here.
For this phase in my life I feel this helps much better than the other two.
I don't need to talk to myself in a journal only I got access to, I talk to myself often enough already. Getting suggestions, support and validation through the journal here has been incredible. But I also need to keep it as anonymous as I possible can.

BlancaLap

Blueberry

Quote from: Sceal on November 19, 2017, 08:13:42 PM
Getting suggestions, support and validation through the journal here has been incredible.

:yeahthat:

I also write in a paper journal. I take that with me to therapy e.g. or write in it when I'm in bed. Atm I'm writing far more here though. Writing all on my lonesome triggers self-harm impulses. Even though i'm alone right now in front of the screen I know that somebody'll read what I write and possibly even reply. That makes a lot of difference.

BlancaLap

Thank you for the replie, here is yours hahahahaha

DecimalRocket

Having an interactive piece of writing can be very healing. In books, people often can't affect the story but in here, people can take a part of your story.

One thing I've learned though is that even with this journal online, there are some things I can't really share with others . . . at least not yet. I think of it as important to have a private journal for times like this — because having to always have someone else read it can make it hard for me to confront the matter with enough courage.

Not saying you'll feel the same. Your choice.

:cheer: