The world we create.

Started by BlancaLap, November 26, 2017, 01:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlancaLap

I wanted make this post to share my experience and see if anyone can relate.
Soooo, when I was young I sure do some pretty weird stuff. I was weird and I didn't know why. I wasn't cool, I was more of a wallflower. I thought I knew how our social live works, but I didn't. I thought I understand emotions, but I didn't. I thought people were separated in a range from "cool" to "not cool" and people wanted to be with the cool kids just because they were cool, but that's not how it works. People want to be with the cool kids because they are good people that makes them feel good. What I'm trying to say, is that I thought I was able to see what happens around me, but actually I couldn't. I didn't see the world the same way people see it. For me, to see what the world is really like was like opening my eyes to a completely new reality, one that makes sense, one that answers my questions, one in which I know what to do, and I don't have to ask myself every second what to do. For the first time in my life, things started to make sense, this were obvious instead of the "I think". I want to know if anyone can relate to this.
Edit: and when I see, questions like: "why did they do this to me?" aren't answered with "because I'm bad, defective, unlovable, a weirdo" but rather have no answer.

Three Roses

Wow, I def relate to this. My whole world view was skewed. I guess, tho, there isn't just one right way to see the world, each of us has our individual views. Still, there is functional and dysfunctional, and mine was Dysfunctional with a capital D. Life is a process of growth, hopefully, and I'm living that now. Best wishes to you!

BlancaLap

Quote from: Three Roses on November 26, 2017, 04:48:23 PM
Wow, I def relate to this. My whole world view was skewed. I guess, tho, there isn't just one right way to see the world, each of us has our individual views. Still, there is functional and dysfunctional, and mine was Dysfunctional with a capital D. Life is a process of growth, hopefully, and I'm living that now. Best wishes to you!

Best wishes to you too Three Roses!

sanmagic7

yes, i can relate to this.  i made a big move across country from a very conservative area to a very free-spirited area.  i thought i knew what was going on, but it turns out i really didn't know the rules of how to live in this new area.  i floundered, sputtered, made a great many mistakes and still never quite fit in.

i also painted my own version of reality during many, many years of my life and lived in an illusion.  some of this was a survival mechanism - i needed to perceive and believe things were a certain way in order to stay alive and sane.

we do create our own versions of the world according to what we need it to be, i think.  like 3 roses said, every version will be unique to that person.    i don't really know if this is just a c-ptsd thing, or if it's universal.  nobody else, after all, can see the world through our own eyes.   big hug to you, blanca

by the by, if you're a tennis fan, congrats on having both men's and women's player of the year come from your country.    rafa is my all time favorite. 

BlancaLap

Hahahaha thanks sanmagic7, my uncle is a great fan of Rafa Nadal, he has a photo with him and met him. I'm not a big fan of watching tennis, but I love playing it. When I was young I used to play tennis everyday with my brother and uncle. I think that's one of the few things I miss from my childhood.