The Healing Porch2: Rest for Weary Souls

Started by Three Roses, November 27, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Anyone else here tonight? I am coming here for some peace and reassurance. Lots of my mind today so I need some rest to be able to properly think things through

songbirdrosa

I think I'll sit for a while and drink some tea. It's been a very long and very exhausting fortnight, and I think I need this.

Elphanigh

Tea is a great idea. Hopefully you get much needed rest

DecimalRocket

Hi there. I haven't been in the healing porch before.

I think I'd stay in the part of the porch where it's near indoors enough to have lights, but near the outdoors enough to see the ocean. The waves splashing gently and the moon shining brightly above. I'd love to have quiet time with a fuzzy warm healing blanket and a fruit shake — I love fruit shakes.

I'm usually the type who has a thing for intellectual novelty and look for new hobbies more often than other people, but now today, I'm just nostalgic for the types of books I read in childhood.

I grabbed myself a book called "The Universe : An Astrophysical Tour" by Neil degrasse Tyson. Tyson has been my childhood hero — one of those science writer giants that influenced me to cultivate a sense of wonder and awe towards the world.

As I take a drink on the porch and place the book on my lap, I look up to the night sky and wonder what else is out there. I watch the skies extend beyond forever to the horizon, and I just feel tiny and awed.

sanmagic7

glad you're here, d.r.

i need to just chill for a bit myself.  get back to feeling peace within me.  can't think of a better place to do so.

i'm going to rock and read and just be with the rest of everyone here, quietly and gently.  it's always just so good to see you all.  hot chocolate will be my drink of choice today, and a blanket of peace. it's working already.

woodsgnome

I've wandered back here today, not sure how; rather aimless, but not pointless. Maybe something here will soothe. I seek peace, can't find it; but here it's different, as if all peace is a natural part of everyone's core being. You can't seek it, it just is--you are peace and it is you. Even when one leaves this porch, that renewed sense of peace travels with.

Here there's no need to ruminate on the slings of that other unfeeling world, which has forgotten how to find this place. They'd call it unreal, a place only for dreamers. Even those those who reject its existence would be relieved to have found their way to such peace. Shhh--for now I really don't want them to find me; it'll feel like I'm still being haunted by those who hurt me.

If they ever found me again...stop me, I'm sliding into futile rambling again. Why not accept the peace that's here, like before...not my home away from home, but a place I was meant to find. A place to just be--it's as if I never left...this is the real world, and all shall be well again.

Three Roses

biggerfish2

Was lying awake in hpervigilant state when i cranked up my tablet and found this porch. Meeting all of you here was so peaceful that i now realize I'm hungry which explains why I'm awake. So I'm gently drifting away now to go get a lovely bowl of cereal.

LittleBird

Thanks for helping me to this place. I feel I can try to rest now and take my own advice as well as yours. You're all very patient.

Elphanigh

I need this place, and the people in it. You all create and leave such a feeling of courage and peace in this place. I want to sit quietly over looking the water with a blanket of comfort, reassurance, and peace

Blueberry

Good to see you here, Restful.

Nice to meet you biggerfish2, and welcome to OOTS  :heythere:

DecimalRocket

Hey guys, a pleasure to see everyone else enjoying this place.  :hug:

I'm thinking of staying on the beach again, watching the gentle waves move about, to sink my knees into the edge, and to possibly stare off wondering about reinforcing and balancing feedback loops's leverages in the strategy of a project in life. Also, it'd be cool if the water would float around in mid air showing these thoughts in diagrams using telekinetic powers.

Sigh . . . what relaxing, joyful and beautiful thoughts.

Wife#2

So many wonderful souls drifting to the porch, warms my soul!

DR - this place is magic. If floating water is helpful in your solace, then float it shall. Nothing helpful or healing is impossible here.

I have a pretty large and eclectic vinyl album collection and a pretty nice stereo system. Peruse through, you may find just the sounds to accompany the eternal peace feeling of this place for you. The albums are in a bookshelf just inside the door. The stereo is by the window, with speakers aiming out, so that you can enjoy the music, earth sounds or whatever brings gentle healing to your soul. For me, it's classical or 60's folk/ballad music. But, there is jazz, pop, rock, progressive - everything you can think of - ahhh the powers of magic!

The fridges are stocked, the stove warm - a loaf of bread is baking in the oven, just for the lovely aroma. It's ingredients harvested from the gardens of other porch participants. Magic means I can't burn this loaf and that it'll be warm for all to enjoy as they wish. The blankets are all dryer fresh with just a hint of your favorite scent so you can snuggle your nose into the blanket should you want. The drinks are steamy hot or ice chilled as the drinker prefers. The pillows have been puffed and the whole porch swept.

I'm thinking we could have a pier on the ocean-facing side, so one can drop their feet into the water and feel connected to our Earth home.

Today, I am wrapped in a blanket of patience and courage. My drink is fresh coffee with my favorite flavor creamer blended in. I am surrounded by photos of all those I love and who I know love me. Some of you are in these photos (my imagination and your avitars filling the frames). I am breathing. Slowly and deeply, calmly and with purpose.

Once again, your presence, current or past, on this porch has brought me some healing. Thank you.

Three Roses

I love it, your energy here is so refreshing W2!  :hug:

Elphanigh

Wife2, I always adore hearing from you in this place. Your imagery for this magical place is beautiful. I love flipping through old vinyl collections, there Is something cathartic about looking through them all compared to online music. I know that makes me sound old  :)

I will be in this place resting, and absorbing all the positive healing energy everyone brings to this place. My soul needs to take in a lot of good