The Healing Porch2: Rest for Weary Souls

Started by Three Roses, November 27, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

Sleep, if that helps and brings healing. We wouldn't even mind if you did snore (which I do - loudly), because on the magical porch, nobody else will hear it. We will only see you sleeping deeply and send comforting, restful thoughts your way.  :hug:

I feel like Good Witch Glenda of the North, waving my wand over your head. No snowflakes, unless you want them. 'Sleep, my lovely, sleep.'

Elphanigh

It isn't morning here now, but that image isn't perfect. I also adore the snowflakes. Little did you know just hour much I love the Oz stories in all of their forms. My screen name is even an adaption of a character from a version of it.<3

Sleep, true sleep, will bring some peace when I can finally get it. I am hoping this place might help bring enough peace for me to get it. The second porch is named Rest for Weary souls, that is certainly me right now.

Three Roses

Hi Allie Matt! Nice to see you joined us here.  :hug:

Wife 2 comes by now & then with fresh, fluffy blankets and warm drinks (or cool, if you prefer). Pick a spot you'd like to lay in a hammock, and a hammock will magically appear! Don't know if you've read anything about the Porch up to this point, but it's a place where everything you need is...just here.

There are views of the ocean or forest or whatever else brings you healing. Animals are welcome and they're all friendly, with us and with each other.

Thanks for joining us!

Blueberry

I will come and sit here for a while and see if I can calm down my Fight response. The dogs will help in their calming doggy way. If I sit and stroke a dog, I'll calm down because I concentrate on the dog and I feel the dog with my hand. That probably helps reground, moves me out of my head and out of those triggered emotions and unhelpful triggered emotions.

Maybe I can find a blanket which gives me the ability to separate types of anger into helpful anger and non-helpful? Why not? The Porch has everything else after all!

Wife#2

Elphanigh, I share your love of all things OZ. I have read every book Mr. Baum published and several other adaptations. Though, I really love the Dorothy of the books. She's strong and confident most of the time. She embraces the magic, knowing it's as real as the nose on her face. If others scoff, that bothers her not at all. Their skepticism doesn't change one iota of the reality of OZ.

Allimatt, thank you for joining us! We have hammocks, some already set up on the forest side, see? Under the tree-house? There's also one by the beach, low slung so you can touch the Earth as you rock. If you want.

DecimalRocket, how are you faring today? Did you get to look out and watch the asteroid shower last night? Or was that the night before? I missed it, but there will be others. I've enjoyed their majesty before. I will again, should the fates allow.

I'm going to sneak off to the ocean side of the porch and wrap in a calming blanket. Just listening to the ocean, with my eyes closed, is the healing I need right now.

Elphanigh

I have read them all as well, and adore that I have found someone that appreciates them like I do. The Dorothy in those books is certainly someone to look up to and admire.

Elphanigh

Rest here again this evening. I am coming here slightly more peaceful than I have been, but I am glad to be able to come here and rest. I am going to sit on the porch steps so I can look at the stars and water. The blanket around my shoulders is one of peace, and somehow one that gives that peace to my little ones as well. I am still seeking one good night of sleep. So finding as much peace and guilt free rest that I can.

I adore all of you and am glad to have company on the porch today

Andyman73

Porch look nice. Lots of people.  Stay in shadow of woods, not too close. Safer this way.  Hear music across lake.  Smell bread.  Hear laughing and singing.  Stay very still in dark shadow, behind stump and log. People looking across lake...slowly slowly slink away, further into darker shadows deeper in forest.

Elphanigh

It is always safe here, and as quiet as you need it to be. Such a magical place, if you feel safer in the woods that is perfectly good. If you need anything warm you just let me know. I can sneak it to you without any true interaction.

Andyman73

Okay.  Am okay for now. Watching, observing, listening.

Wife#2

Andyman, you can always hide up in the tree-house. It overlooks the porch and gardens. Nobody will bother you up there and we are happy to give you the privacy you seek. What warm blanket of healing emotion would you like for me to fold and leave by the edge of the forest? They don't have to stay on the porch to work! Also, we have thermos containers to keep coffee or tea or whatever your preferred beverage is at just the right temperature.

Sometimes it is nice to hear the sounds of others without actually being a part of it.

I'm on my way to the porch today, but just for a quick visit. The calming blanket helped yesterday and I'm in a much better place to trudge forward on my very busy work day. Hugs to those who enjoy hugs, smiles for the rest  :)

Elphanigh

I am here again for a little while. I will probably spend a good chunk of my day on the porch doing different things. Right now I want to take a walk around the yard before coming to sit back down on the stairs to the porch. Life is really kicking me in the tail recently... so I will sit here (after my walk) with a blanket of peace, reassurance, and anti anxiety magic.

I am welcome to company, and will give hugs to anyone that wants/needs them.

Andyman73

Wife#2,
Tree house sounds fantastic, but be trapped only one way out. So, will have to pass on that. But thank you for telling me about it. I hadn't noticed it before. Blanket....hmmmm...maybe unconditional love and acceptance. That is a major struggle for me. And a thermos of coffee.Thank you. Will try to keep blanket clean for you. 

LearnToLoveTheRide

Dad had a bad weekend. It's just me and the boys at the moment. I really need to cry but they won't understand and I don't want scare them seeing me this way.

I'm not great company either. Would it be OK if I let the boys run around on the lawn in front of the porch while I sat by myself in the forest on the lake's edge.

I'd really appreciate it if you fine people could keep an eye on them while I tend my broken heart.

Thank you kindly. LTLTR

Three Roses

Sure thing! Prop up your feet and let your boys run wild! It's all magically safe, there are dogs and other animals to play with; and if your boys get hungry we'll give them healthy, delicious food, and you too!