The Healing Porch2: Rest for Weary Souls

Started by Three Roses, November 27, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Coming to this place for rest and to bring s new friend. I have a new black kitten, her name is Yuna. She is small but warm, extremely cuddly, and purrs so strongly. If anyone ever needs a companion all of my peaceful animals are here, they do each play as well. In the old post I had brought my chocolate lab Milo, and my other cat Thalia, both are still around for everyone.

Currently my new little one is curled up with me on a chair on the porch. She is new here but is sleeping because of the peace this place brings. Hope that she can bring her light and love to everyone as she has already done for me.

Elphanigh

She has cuddled with me all day irl and on the porch, only wandering around to explore occasionally

WhiteFlame

Hi everyone  :wave:, I'm new to this site and this porch. I like hugs  :hug:. I'm 32 but feel 70 or 3 depending on the moment. I'm bringing my cat Juliette (nickname baba), she is a maine coon cat with big loving eyes and a purr like a roaring fire.  If you lay on your side she will curl up and shape herself to your body aligning her heart with yours.

I've been running a long while, I just need a quiet place to rest and feel safe with others who like hugs and need some loving company. What a beautiful warm breeze there is here, I think I choose this rocking chair with a pink check blanket and listen to the wind chimes.

Love

:grouphug:

Elphanigh

Hi WhiteFlame  :heythere:

I am so glad you found this forum, and then the healing porch as well. I too love hugs, so I am always here for those (as are many others)  :hug: :grouphug: I love cats, your Juliette sounds amazing. If I may join you I have my favorite chair on the porch tonight. I am a bit physically ill irl, so some peace here will be perfect

Three Roses

Wife#2

Welcome, White Flame! And also welcome Juliette! It'll be good for my puppies to me a cat bigger than they are - LOL

We are very glad you found your way to us (though we never are glad that you had cause to need us).

:hug:    :bighug: :hug:  I'm another big hugger, so you have several of us around.

I'm inside, sitting by a window and enjoying that breeze. It feels warm, tropical almost! Just what I really needed today.

I'll be in or around most of the day. Make yourself at home. That's part of the point - this porch IS like home - whatever helps you calm, center, breathe (I'm a BIG fan of breathing), that's what this porch will have. As you need it, when you need it. Oh, and all the many animals at the porch are well behaved (here, at least) and get along together :-)

WhiteFlame

Thank you all for the lovely warm welcome and all the hugs (wish I could have some irl but I will a some point!), sending hugs to you all tonight  :hug:. Thanks for the company last night Elphanigh, very healing and peaceful. Sorry you aren't well, hope the rest and cat purrs helped and you are a little better today.  Thank you Wife #2, so glad I found my way here, the tropical breezes are beautiful

:)

Elphanigh

Thank you Whiteflame for the well wishes. Today I am a bit physically better, should be even better tomorrow. I have rested today and done some good self care

Blueberry

I'm going to climb into the hammock wrapped up in a big fluffy warm blanket and rock gently to and fro. It's safe on the porch so I can close my eyes. I know it's dark and that the stars are shining, but I can't see them. It doesn't matter I know they're there. I'm warm in the blanket but can feel cool air around my face and smell the air's freshness. I like it.

Elphanigh

I am going to come here to rest and maybe even sleep tonight. I sat down after getting home from a 12+ hour work day and realize how much pressure my body has felt. I have not been properly listening to the stress I have been under.

So tonight I come to my oversized chair in the corner, with a cup of peppermint chamomile tea that has just a dash of honey in it. I have some very soft blankets full or peace, and calming warmth. Hopefully I can silently dose off remembering that this space is one where I am safe and cared for.

Elphanigh

I am struggling a bit today so to this magical place I go. Today I will walk down by the water for a while, maybe sit at the shore to take in the sounds in nature. There is a small fire going that's anyone is welcome to join if they would like. My purpose hereis to rest and to feel all of the strength and compassion each of you leave in this place. The presence you all leave in this place might bring me the peace and comfort I need to feel today

Sceal

I could need a place like this right now.
I'm not sure what I'd be doing. Don't have energy to muster much

Elphanigh

Sceal take whatever time you need to rest here. No need to do anything in particular. I come here often with the image of being able to allow myself to fall asleep without fear. Doing nothing but trying to regain energy

alliematt

Today I need a warm, fluffy quilt and a TV to play Hitchcock movies on an endless loop.  (I happen to be a fan of his.)  If Hitchcock is triggering for some, I'll change to Gone With the Wind.