The Healing Porch2: Rest for Weary Souls

Started by Three Roses, November 27, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Coming here to rest today, irl I have to work lunch today but I will need a safe space to mentally go to. Recovery is so hard sometimes. Today I will go back down by the fire with a warm blanket and coffee that will magically never make me jittery or anxious. There will be many refills of it, as the taste is a calm one that helps me ground myself.

I am welcome to calmer company today or being alone, so the fire is a place anyone can hang out today. I am grateful for you all making this a safe space for me  :hug:

alliematt

Would you like me to bring you a cup of hot cocoa?

Elphanigh

That would be lovely, Alliematt. Thank you  :hug: The fire is nice and warm today, and the perfect place to enjoy cocoa. Glad you are on the porch today

Elphanigh

Coming to the porch tonight. I know, having read other posts, that San will be here as well. I am up for peaceful company of anyone that may need it tonight. I can supply warm tea, cocoa, cider etc.. just let me know. I want to help the people here that need it tonight. Otherwise I will sit peacefully by the fire

Elphanigh

Going to come here again tonight. I am just feeling emotional and drained at the same time. This place is magical and full of healing energy I need right now. There is peace here and currently so little in my life, so I come here to get what I can.

If it doesn't bother anyone here tonight I am going to rest curled up in my big chair with several warm and fuzzy but extremely soft blankets. One is full of peac and healing, the other is going to magically be a sheild from nightmares. I don't know how better to describe it, so it is my nightmare sheild. (Irl I have a true Native American dream catcher that I was given by my grandmother whose mom gave it to her. It was passed down directly from my great grandma who was in the tribe fully. It means a lot to me to have til although it's dream catching hasnot been as affective lately, the lore is fascinating to read)

Anyways back to resting on the chair, I will have my cat Thalia with me and my dog Milo on the floor next to me. He is lovable and anyone is allowed to love or visit both of them. They are the calmest, and most healing animals I know. I am going to try to use them and the calm on the porch to rest tonight. I am always very quiet and hide in a corner as to not disturb anyone. The image of sleeping here with earth mother spirit, and someone here to watch over me has helped me sleep in the past. Thus I am trying it again.

I feel safe here, so here's to trying to get some much needed peaceful rest. Thank you for allowing me this space and sharing all of your beautiful energy with me  :grouphug:

alliematt

Today I need to curl up in a hammock with a big box of Kleenex and have a good, long cry.

:'( :'( :'( :fallingbricks:

Blueberry

sanmagic7

right next to you, allie.   big hug.  i'll be near in my rocker. 

Elphanigh

Coming here tonight, not really sure what I want to do I am lost. Just looking for warm, comforting company

Sceal

Are you up for a easy going game, Elphanigh?

Blueberry

Getting back into the hammock after some moderating, well actually answering posts but with Mod hat on. Now for some self-care - realising I've done enough! One of the dogs is wandering over. The hammock is hung low so that I can stroke the dog - it's a Lab - without getting out. This dog likes to stand under the hammock actually, so I'm touching the dog's back but without the dog bearing any of my weight.

IRL I'm about to get ready to go to the farm.

Elphanigh

Sceal, an easy going game feels safe this morning. Could be fun

Blueberry, glad you are taking a break after having the Mod hat on for a while. It helps me to do so too. The hammock sounds wonderful  :hug:

Elphanigh

Weird to see this space regress back to last week. Glad to still have this space though.

I am coming here in need of peace, reassurance and comfort. Tonight has been beyond difficult irl... will probably have a bit of a good cry, quiet and not disturbing anyone I promise. Will allow myself to realease a bit of that here so I can soak up some good. I just need to be around people that are calm and understanding tonight. This place is always so full of that.

Think I will go down by the fire tonight, it has become one of my favorite spots. When I feel more like resting I will come back up to the porch to sit in one of my favorite chairs with a cup of mint tea. Will also have a cat of some sort with me all night

woodsgnome

Elphanigh said: "I will go down by the fire tonight, it has become one of my favorite spots."

Hey, Elph, I've split lots of wood out there this past week, so feel free to dive in and bask in the glow tonight, and whenever you need it. I even left an axe behind the pile, under a tarp--splitting wood is good for frustration release.

But seriously, enjoy the fire however you'd like; I saunter down there every few days to do some fresh splitting.

:hug:

Elphanigh

Woodsgnome, that gave me a much needed smile tonight. That is such a huge thing tonight. I am glad you have recently split wood, it will be nice to keep warm with the fire this evening,  I will also remember that the axe is there, although it is not frustration that brings me here tonight sometimes it is the reason though. Could see it being good frustration relief.