The Healing Porch2: Rest for Weary Souls

Started by Three Roses, November 27, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Going to rest here tonight, I have been through a lot more than I give myself credit for the last few weeks. Think I will sit down by the fire again, tonight I am bringing marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate, starburst, and sour patch kids. The last two sound weird but they roast in the fire so well. I have sat it down on a little table I have made out of wood for everyone to have.

While the fire gets going I am walking around the edge so of the trees to gather a few fresh branches that are the perfect level of new to create good roasting sticks. There are endless supplies for anyone that wants any. I have also got a large container of hot cocoa or cider to enjoy while we sit out under the stars.

woodsgnome

I'm not sure how I made it here, but it's the place I need to be. To see the fire already aglow, and the preparations of a thoughtful person also needing this warmth tonight...thank you, Elphanigh.

Elphanigh

You're welcome, Woodsgnome. I am glad that this space can be used by someone else as well. It is good to have company

alliematt

I need to proofread today . . . and then I may crawl into the hammock and listen to crickets. 

Elphanigh

Sounds like a great plan, Alliematt. I hope your proofreading went well

Blueberry

I'm going to come on here for a while and sway quietly in the corner to my nursery rhyme CD. I have my 4 year old with me, she's actually one of my more resilient ICs. She helps me to play when I need it. She's swaying too. I'll continue the interaction in my head but it's a good one.

Elphanigh

Alliematt, if it feels safe I'm shoulder is a great place to cry so you don't have to be alone. I am also great at comforting hugs. I can also just sit with you (silent or not) to make sure you know someone's is there for you  :hug:

alliematt

Quote from: Elphanigh on February 10, 2018, 05:16:55 PM
Alliematt, if it feels safe I'm shoulder is a great place to cry so you don't have to be alone. I am also great at comforting hugs. I can also just sit with you (silent or not) to make sure you know someone's is there for you  :hug:

Thank you.  I'm bringing an unlimited supply of Kleenex for anyone who needs it.

Elphanigh

You're welcome. Kleenex is a great thing to have.

I am coming here to rest and calm down now. Rough shift at work and I am just on a high that is not good...

I think I will go walk by the water, there is something calming about the feeling under my feet with the nice breeze going. Feels like comfort and starting over sometimes

Elphanigh

Going to come here to find a sens of peace, I find that I am getting really nervous for my lesson in a couple hours.

If it is okay, I am going to got sit cross legged under a blooming tree and play flute for a while. To let myself feel at peace in nature, to bring peace to my playing, this is a magical place so if you don't want to hear it you won't. If you do want to I will be playing beautiful flowing melodies, and occasionally a little jig like music just to find some lightness

Elphanigh

I feel like I post in this place a lot but I am exhausted and recovering from a very anxiety filled situation for me.

I will rest in my favorite chair on the porch. I am okay with or without company so feel free to let me know. I will be calmly resting with a cup of peppermint cocoa, and a blanket full of warm reassurance.

Sceal

I am going to take a hike in the forest, carrying a lunch-pack with me and a bottle of health energizing drink.

sanmagic7

Elphanigh

I have to work tonight, but for the moment I am going to come here and rest. My emotions and mind just need some time to recover. There is a lot going on there.

So I will come sit on the porch just observing and listening, trying to create a sense of peace and calm