Lonndon meet up group, narc survivors.

Started by JamesG, November 21, 2017, 07:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesG

saw a group on meetup, so decided to join.

thoughts on meeting up, good or bad idea? Personally, I find people without trauma hard to relate to so, well why not?

Rainagain

Why not indeed James,

Should be an interesting bunch.

If you want a seat against a wall facing the door then better get there early.....

:)

Blueberry

Good luck with this James. I really hope it's good for you!

I tend to get pretty triggered by others with C-PTSD, and also those without like in 12 Step groups which I simply don't go to anymore. Only when there are pretty strict guidelines like on here banning covert "should" statements to others, do I feel safe.

But we're all different and have different needs and different coping strategies.

JamesG

I'll try it, but I'll have my hand on the ejector handle

Blueberry

Quote from: JamesG on November 21, 2017, 10:28:11 PM
I'll try it, but I'll have my hand on the ejector handle

:rofl:
Your wording gives me a giggle sometimes, in a good way!

Rainagain

The fact you are going to try it is really quite healthy, positive and optimistic.

I don't think I could do that, respect.

Rainagain

Cmon James,
How did you get on?

Been hoping it was a success.

JamesG

Rainagain

I'm vicariously looking forward to hearing about it all, I can find out all about the group dynamic without taking any risk myself.

I haven't been getting out much lately!

JamesG

I think i'll be an ex londoner before it comes up. I'm off to Wales

Three Roses

Rainagain

Try Carmarthen,

I'm from the valleys, avoid.....

JamesG

Newport. I have mates there and the costs are low. I'm going to pour the coals on as a writer, my book sales are up and given the costs in Wales I can use them to pay the rent. London is impossible on my current freelance levels. I love central wales too. Easy access for walking. Works.

Rainagain

Sounds like a plan to me, I don't go back often but parts of wales are so lovely.

Blueberry

Sounds a good plan to me too.  :cheer: for your book sales being up. Continued good luck with your writing!