Visuals

Started by LittleBird, December 02, 2017, 01:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleBird

I'm having rapid eye movement in the day and my mind is somewhere else. I'm wandering through a forest searching for a little boy and screaming because I can't find him. I lost him, they tricked me and I lost him.

I always wanted to find him and accept him and apologise for what happened but it was hush hush, don't talk about it, think about it. We can't talk or think about anything now.

I've kicked myself into a frenzy. I just wanted to help myself which was wrong. I'm pleading with myself forgive yourself and all the pieces of yourself that are vulnerable.

I know defensive parts can see that, I know protective parts can see that so I'm just pleading that in the end it will calm for me and the lost one, who ever he is, wherever he is. And I hope I'll be able to get well again, because I'm owed that.

Rainagain

I'm so sorry you are in such turmoil

I don't think I have anything to help but if I could I would help you through this.

Blueberry

it sounds a confusing and distressing place to be in. I don't have experience with EMDR myself, but a lot with imagination and inner children and other inner parts.

I hope that your therapist taught you how to switch back to your normal, day-to-day persona so that you don't feel overwhelmed or engulfed by what's going on. If not, when you're ready, try and re-ground. If you're not sure how, post again and ask.

You will get through this. And things will get better. Often after an intensive therapy session things are briefly worse, with the turmoil. I'm often knocked for six for several days after trauma processing.

:hug: