Three good things a day2

Started by Blueberry, December 04, 2017, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

A continuation of Three Good Things a Day, which grew to 21 pages :D

Original thread can be found here http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=6252.0

Elphanigh

Elphanigh

Here aren't my three things today.

1. It is beautifully sunny and I get to enjoy it
2. I feel more like myself today
3. My cat has been amazing today

M.R.

1. It's gorgeous outside. (It snowed over night.)
2. One scan I've been fighting for is finally scheduled for early January.
3. I get to visit with a friend today.

Jazzy

This is awesome. Thanks for keeping this going!

• I have new leads on therapy options, and am on a wait list for DBT.
  • I was able to control my fight response before anyone got hurt.
  • My cat loves me and tries to help me feel better; she is laying on my lap and licking my arm.

DecimalRocket

I'm enjoying reading all the things that brings you joy, guys.

@Elpha, sometimes the simple things can be beautiful, aren't they? I've never seem to appreciate weather as many people do so here. Maybe I should try it.
@MelodieRose. It's nice you get to have your scan. After waiting for so long, when you finally get it, it can be a pretty great feeling.
@Jazzy. I've been in fight mode once in my life before, and I relate to the satisfaction in being able to do something about it. That's great to hear.

My 3 good things :

1.  I didn't have much on hand once today, just a water bottle and some books. So I used the books as pins to the water bottle as a bowling ball and a bottle as a character setting.

2. I've created a language with a few words that all include the word "Bloop". I made it to express frustrations without anyone knowing what I was saying, but it just expanded itself to be a lighthearted joke to confuse people with quirky sounding words. 

3. I found a university that provides several free ebooks from their curriculum. . . including Systems thinking for a side project of mine. My nerdy heart is overjoyed.

Blueberry

1) I finally got out of bed
2) I'm listening to some music and I did get up and move to it a bit
3) I had some homemade soup left over from yesterday to warm up and finish, meaning I didn't have to cook anything else.

HabitudeII

1. I got offered a new job!
2. I had a great meeting with my mentor which has really helped me to get a different (less personal) perspective on getting fired
3. I haven't drunk in 5 days

(4. It's sunny here for a change)

Elphanigh

Great job on the offer!!!

1. I got to sleep, after days of not sleeping well.
2. I had a good two hour break
3. I am challenging my ef better than i would have previously

Jazzy

Awesome stuff everyone! Reading your posts encourages me to think more about the positive things that happened to me.

1) I was more assertive with my psychiatrist today, and got some important details straightened out. Among other things, he changed my diagnosis of bipolar disorder to CPTSD, which will go a long way to help me getting some good (the right type of) therapy.
2) I was given a peppermint mocha latte from the coffee shop near the pharmacy for free.
3) I got some much needed rest/deep sleep for the first time in a few days.

Blueberry

1) I finally got up and went out of the house.
2) I met a few people one by one and stopped to chat to all of them
3) The sun was shining

Blueberry

A few more:
4) I finally had my shower and washed my hair
5) I feel better, in fact I'm coming back out of my EF
6) I practised for choir, but I'll allow myself to decide tomorrow whether or not I'll go.
7) My new signature might help me make decisions based on what's good for me and not based on others' expectations.

Jazzy

Thank you for posting here Blueberry! I was staring at this last night, but it was a tough day and I didn't end up posting anything. Good job on breaking the silence! Yay for you!  ;D

1) I relaxed today and do something more fun for a change.
2) I stayed in where it was warm.
3) Chocolate bar!

Elphanigh

Thank you all for keeping this post going. When I started it, I was very faithful to posting in here, although now I don't post as much. It helped me see it in my daily life as I move through my day though.

1. I found out my s is having a girl, it will be my first niece. I find that I am truly excited to be an aunt
2. I have been able to enact some self care things when my migraine decided to be a full fledged one.
3. I am more able to control my tendency to over worry more than I used to. It has been notable in the last few days

Elphanigh

Need this post today more than ever.

1. I did some excellent self care today
2.my anxiety level is almost normal
3. I have some wonderful friends and got reminded of that today