Three good things a day2

Started by Blueberry, December 04, 2017, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

1) I finally had a shower and hair wash.
2) last night, well no, this morning when i finally went to bed, I put rose-scented skin cream on my feet, whose skin was in sore need of it.
3) Yesterday I delivered a Christmas card to a friend's letter box and I had a feeling as if I was putting something in a Christmas stocking for somebody. Going up to her door in the dark and slipping it into her letter box.
4) She has an illuminated red Moravian star outside her door - it looked really pretty.

5) I got out of bed this morning and went to church.
6) I got replies to my posts on here from yesterday. I'm (almost) OK with not replying individually, though that would be polite, because I'm still too exhausted. Seeing and reading them did me good.
7) I found my wool socks!! I couldn't figure out where most of them had gone. Better to find them in the middle of the winter than at the end of it  ;)
8 ) Also found a piece of gardening equipment which had been blown away and then covered in snow.

9) I've been posting on here for me, rather than Modding.
10 ) I did quite a few self-care things before even coming on the computer, like having breakfast, drinking tea, taking my meds, doing a little cleaning and tidying as well as laundry.
11) More realisations are coming about exhaustion when I'm working.

DecimalRocket

Hey, Blueberry, glad you're allowing to type more posts for yourself. Even long ones. You seem like you need more of a break these days, so I'm glad for you.

My 3 good things.

1. Went back to do some programming exercises I've been avoiding in the site codecademy as well as read a really exciting mystery book called "1Q84".

2. I have this habit of getting easily hurt by insults or direct critcism — even if its insults made for others online since it reminds me of some bad memories — so I practiced exposing myself to the dark places of the internet to desensitize myself to it. I've got to the point where I wasn't hurt at all by them.

3. I treated myself out for a cinnamon bun, some coffee, and several new books on different non fiction and fiction genres. Merry Christmas. Bwahahaha.

Blueberry

Quote from: DecimalRocket on December 26, 2017, 03:25:13 AM
Hey, Blueberry, glad you're allowing to type more posts for yourself. Even long ones. You seem like you need more of a break these days, so I'm glad for you.

Thank you. Yes, I do need a break. It's become obvious to me.

1) I'm not going to the retreat but I am getting most of the money back in the form of vouchers.
2) I had an urge to drink a particular type of herbal tea which helps centre you and strengthen your outer boundaries. So I did drink it. It's a bit on the bitter side but I enjoyed it and will have some more later. Yay for listening to inner voice!  :cheer:

3) I made the decision to go to church this morning, it's only a one-minute walk, I also decided not to go to a church 5-minutes away where there is brilliant music always on Boxing Day. No, I went nice and close by. And listened to less strenuous music.
4) I enjoyed the carol singing and sang loudly whether or not I hit the right notes. The congregation is big enough for that not to matter. Again with the congregation being so big, I sang the chorus of one carol in English.

Blueberry

1) I cleaned the stairwell since it was my turn. Instead of using a mop and bucket, I used a cloth and bucket. Takes longer, but for some reason emotionally easier. It actually chased some of the exhaustion away.
2) I did some tidying in my apartment.
3) I listened to music and moved to it.
4) A friend invited me round for lunch and we had a nice chat too.
5) I went to a sung prayer service at church and left some of my emotional burdens there, at least it felt that way.

Blueberry

1) I wanted to go for a little walk and at the same time I didn't want to; I went anyway. It did me good.
2) A friend dropped by unexpectedly.
3) I did a bit of de-cluttering by taking 3 books to the Neighbourhood Book Exchange. (Every little bit helps).

Blueberry

1) I played keyboard and sang. That chased the ruminations away.
2) A friend is away today, I can go over and use her bathtub - and I will shortly. That's enjoyable self-care for me.
3) She was offered a couple of free tickets for an outside Christmassy lights event tomorrow and asked if I wanted to go along, which I do! Even if a bit of effort getting as far as the train station...

Blueberry

1) Last night when I couldn't sleep I remembered that I can put all that anger towards FOO in my bank vault and sink it in the lake. I had to do it several times, but then it worked! 

2) First post of the New Year in 3 Good Things a Day.

Blueberry

1) I set FOO a boundary.
2) I talked to a couple of friends and told them about it.
3) I noticed after setting the boundary that I had a little more energy and impetus to do a little cleaning and tidying up, which I then did.

Jazzy

Good job here Blueberry!

You've done awesome continuing to post in this thread. It's really encouraging, and I appreciate it a lot.

I've had a rough day today, I wrote a story about it in the other forum. I really don't have anything good to say, except the basics... but honestly, that's a lot to me right now.

1) I'm alive, and not completely insane at the moment.
2) I'm fairly warm, and in less physical pain than I have been the last couple weeks.
3) I have my cats with me. They're also warm, safe, and well fed.

~_^ I've actually had worse days.

Thank you Blueberry. Keep up the good work!  :cheer:

Blueberry

Quote from: Jazzy on January 07, 2018, 10:34:53 AM
I really don't have anything good to say, except the basics... but honestly, that's a lot to me right now.

Exactly. Basics are very important. I used to keep a Diary of Daily Joys, I did that for several years. These Diaries are full of the basics as well as 'small' stuff: the sun came out for 5 minutes; my pets are happy; I saw the first first spring flower...

Quote from: Jazzy on January 07, 2018, 10:34:53 AM
1) I'm alive, and not completely insane at the moment.
2) I'm fairly warm, and in less physical pain than I have been the last couple weeks.
3) I have my cats with me. They're also warm, safe, and well fed.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Elphanigh

Thank you for keeping this alive. I am determined to post here more often.

1. I decided to become a moderator, and have been switch over. I am excited to be able to do this
2. I saw a good friend today
3. I have scheduled social things for this week but no more than I can handle

Three Roses

QuoteI decided to become a moderator, and have been switch over.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Elphanigh

Thanks Three Roses! I love the cheers, great encouragement  :cheer: :hug:

Elphanigh

Things for the day
1. I get to spend my evening with a friend
2. Have done some moderating today, feeling better after having read the guidelines like five times
3. My kitten is finally getting along with my other cat

Jazzy

Good stuff you two! :)

1) I got some decent rest today. It's helped my mood and mindset considerably.
2) I did some laundry. Huzzah for clean clothes!
3) My sister contacted me today, which is an uncommon pleasantry.