Three good things a day2

Started by Blueberry, December 04, 2017, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

For past couple of days:

1) Rousing Easter hymns are replaying themselves in my head
2) I sang with the choir this evening
3) Nobody, especially not our director, asked why I'd missed the last two rehearsals - they just accepted I was back and/or welcomed me with open arms (e.g director)

4) I finally did a load of laundry yesterday and hung it up
5) Did a load of dishes today
6) Points 4 + 5 mean things are flowing again
7) I'm allowing myself to skip reading all posts this evening (mods don't have to read them all anyway, but I sometimes do kind of hypnotically).
8 ) Singing! Singing with the choir minus self-conscious feelings, belting it out whether correct or incorrect.  :D

Blueberry

1) I did some gardening today, especially de-mossing
2) Those edible spring weeds are up and I've started snacking on them.  :)
3) I did some cleaning. I just started with a wet cloth in one little spot and then kept finding new little spots to clean. Lots of dust bunnies in my apartment. Now a lot fewer though  ;)

Sceal

Nice going, blueberry!  Thank you for keeping the thread alive. It's a good reminder to look for the small things.

Last couple of days:
1)Did alot of laundry
2. started drawing my dad's birthday present
3) been to the gym twice in 3 days

Blueberry

1) I had a good night's sleep
2) Some window sill gardening
3) Made a healthy meal for myself (including some garden produce!), did some tidying in the kitchen and washed a load of dishes. (I always feel a bit better in my apartment when the dishes are done.)

Blueberry

Wow looking back to yesterday! One very similar entry as for today. Didn't realise till seeing it here.
1) I had a big colourful salad today whose basic leafy ingredient was a nice, mild-tasting garden weed, freshly picked.
2) Finally had a shower and a hair wash.
3) Looking at the flowers in the garden, including my squash plant.

woodsgnome

I had the good fortune to attend a 'healing memories' workshop at a retreat center (ironic in that I live in my private retreat center in the woods). Anyway, the good things:

1) chance to discover an amazingly beautiful place I hadn't visited before, even though not terribly distant from my home.

2) was able to attend via a scholarship.

3) like this site and forum, it was valuable to meet and share with others (10 participants, including facilitators) all of whom have traveled their own hellish paths and are still here to tell  the tale (and release if possible) while desperately clinging to something vaguely resembling hope. As many reading this can appreciate, it's extremely rare to find others who'd understand half of what this journey is like.

Sceal

1) Finished an artwork for dad's birthday and gave it to him
2) Focused on the therapy session today
3) Didn't make too much dinner, so I avoided feeling guilty about not eating it all up, or eating too much. Loads of veggies too.

Blueberry

1) Being in garden seeing all the new flowers blooming and picking weeds to eat
2) Eating large bowl of weeds for lunch
3) Sowing a bunch of new seeds in mini greenhouse and mini-makeshift greenhouses in kitchen.

Blueberry

1) It didn't rain even though it was forecast. I appreciated cycling without rain.
2) A client agreed on my price and conditions for another piece of contract work.
3) I got in from the farm very tired this evening, and after falling asleep at the table, i allowed myself to go to bed though only 7pm

Blueberry

1) It's sunny.
2) I did two loads of laundry and hung them outside. I enjoyed standing in the sun hanging up laundry.
3) I'm trying out a little part-time job on Thursday. I didn't even have to write a formal application.

Blueberry

1. It's sunny again
2. My 2 loads of laundry on the line since yesterday will be dry.
3. I asked for and got a reprieve on my contract job.
4. I'm feeling a little less foggy in head.

Sceal

1) I got help and understanding coming out of a "fading out" + visual flashback
2) I was welcomed with enthusiasm, smiles and demanding of hugs by two twin babies
3) Joined the first BBQ party of the year. Despite lacking of sun!

Blueberry

1) this forum
2) allowing myself to spend time here
3) I finally had a glass of water

Blueberry

1) Got up much earlier than past few days (not very early, but still an improvement)
2) Phoned a friend for a chat
3) Ate a bunch of weeds in garden, spent time in the sun, enjoyed seeing all the colourful flowers.

Elphanigh

Haven't posted here in a while, but I do come to read it quite often. I love all of your good things, here are mine

1. I am finally trying grocery delivery. It is a perk of living in a big city, basically like getting pizza delivered but better. I am sick at home so this is a huge act of self care, taking a step to ensure I get to stay home and rest but get food for myself.

2. I find myself accepting that self care is important every day

3. The weather here has finally turned into spring. I make a point to get some sunshine every day