Got a new penpal!

Started by caroline, January 05, 2018, 10:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caroline

Hi!  Not sure if this is the place to put this but i know it'll be moved if i've got it wrong!

Over xmas and new year my partner and i visited his family.  as we usually do.  This time my neice (8yr old) and i decided to be pen pals!! We live about 250 miles apart.  I got my first letter yesterday and i am really excited to write back!!  Do you have a pen pal? 

Three Roses

woodsgnome

A lot of times I feel just having a penpal would definitely help with my upended and/or nonexistent socialization.

But when I've tried I seem to hit a wall like I do in any interpersonal communication--I'm not fully worthy, I'm boring, they won't like this about me, they'll find something about me, etc., on and on. They're on a pedestal and I'm seeking their approval.

Totally unrealistic, illogical; and I always end up wanting to retreat back to my hiding spot. Someday...

Anyway, I wish you well with your pen pal relationship.  :)

Sceal

I used to have so many pen pals in my teens. One of them I'm still in contact with occationally.
I do have an e-mail pen-pal, if that counts? She's blind, so writing or reading a handwritten letter would be tricky to say the least!