EF and inner child

Started by Annarae12, December 11, 2017, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annarae12

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this too when they are in an EF or dissociating.

When i am in an EF i tend to lay in bed, curl up in a ball, twirl my hair with my finger and suck on a pacifier. I feel little and scared. The pacifier brings me comfort like it would when i was a kid. Im not sure if this is weird or if others have similar experiences with this.

BlancaLap

Quote from: Annarae12 on December 11, 2017, 12:01:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone else experiences this too when they are in an EF or dissociating.

When i am in an EF i tend to lay in bed, curl up in a ball, twirl my hair with my finger and suck on a pacifier. I feel little and scared. The pacifier brings me comfort like it would when i was a kid. Im not sure if this is weird or if others have similar experiences with this.

I don't think it is weird, I think it is completely normal and understandable. I feel that way too

Three Roses

Curling up in bed with a good book or my tablet is something I do to get rid of an EF. Whatever works!  :bigwink:

Blueberry

It migth sound a bit unconvential to somebody without knowledge of Inner Children, but on here?? Lots of ICs on here. I often curl up in bed with an EF and read.
Who knows? It might do me better to curl up and at least hug a teddy bear instead. I used to do a lot more of that. Sometimes I put socks on my hands which automatically makes me feel like a very little child, in a good way, because it prevents me from self-harming.

I agree with 3Roses: whatever works!

DecimalRocket

Yes, sometimes I go hug my stuffed toy eagle in an EF, eat cookies or something similar. There's a part of many of us who are still vulnerable children and if it's age appropiate or not doesn't matter. As long as we feel better.