The need to feel safe

Started by BlancaLap, December 12, 2017, 06:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlancaLap

Someone else has in mind that s/he needs to feel safe? So, the thing is today I felt safe (again, the first time in months yaaaay!), and I visualized myself, and it was me, a year ago. Soo, a year ago was my first time in the university, everything was great and everyone was great, really kindly (?). I felt like I needed to feel safe, so I isolated myself. I didn't talk to anybody, I was alone, but I was safe, and it really helped me. I didn't care if I was alone, I didn't care about what the others may think, I was okay. Even if I continue being alone in class, people (not from my class, but from outside) made me feel insecure, like in danger, and I lost my feeling of safety. I started to talk to people because of that, because I wanted to feel safe but I didn't know how; as I said, everyone was really kind and really chill (?) (I don't know if I said it right). The thing is, today I felt safe again, and I visualized myself, myself a year ago. I was alone, but the feeling of safety was so... pain relieving, so great. I want to feel like that again, and I don't care what others may think if I stop talking to people and start isolating myself again. I know it hurts to be alone, but right now safety is what I need. I feel related to what wikipedia says about C-PTSD, that the first step to get out of it (and the only thing that made me get out of my dissociation) was safety. Anyone can relate?

Hope66

Hi Blancalap,
I relate to what you have said in this post - I think you wrote it really well - expressed it well.  I think it can make such a difference, to experience 'safety' - and I know that for me, often nighttime can be more challenging, as in the dark and at night, sometimes things can feel much 'less safe' - and that's when worries and anxieties often come into my mind, and I feel unsure and afraid. 

But feeling a sense of 'safety' - however that is found - it is so precious - and I'm glad you can find that sometimes, and I hope that you will find it more often, and that you can enjoy that feeling.

So yes, I definitely relate to 'The need to feel safe' - I think it's a basic human need - something inside us that hopes to be nurtured and protected in some way.

:hug: to you Blancalap.

Hope  :)

BlancaLap

Contessa

Yes. I can't offer more, yes.
Xo

BlancaLap