I made the mistake of telling him about my disorder and now I paid the price.

Started by pit_bull, December 15, 2017, 02:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pit_bull

So the last man I dated was a psychopathic narcissist with PTSD and autism and BPD traits and AvPD traits. He was the only man I dated after my divorce. I made the mistake in confiding to him everything I had been through because i didn't know any better. It didn't occur to me not to do that because he would use that information against me. I had never met a man with BPD before and I hope I never do again. To this day he uses it against me because he can't get his way with me anymore.

I learned later on in therapy not to tell people I have PTSD, much later on.

To be honest the thought of dating and trying to lead a normal life just doesn't appeal to me at this point in time. I've already been married, and then engaged, both to disordered men, and I'm just plain done.

I can't imagine having a relationship with someone and not telling them I have PTSD but it looks like that's what I"m going to have to do if I ever get in another one. I"m definitely not ready to take that step yet, I have too much else to do right now.

I'm sad. I don't know if I'll ever "get love right" and frankly, I don't care.

Kat

Disclosure is certainly an extremely difficult thing—who can I trust?  I'm in a bad marriage that I plan to get out of in time. I have to say I really can't imagine trying to get into another romantic relationship. Maybe someday, but not for a while , that's for sure.

Sorry I don't have anything uplifting or encouraging to say. I have to believe there are people out there who get it and aren't afraid. I hope you meet one of them.

pit_bull