Violence on the internet

Started by BlancaLap, December 15, 2017, 05:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlancaLap

Why is everyone so aggressive and violent on the internet? I mean, people seem to enjoy making fun of others who have a different opinion or calling them names. And if you ask them they tell you it is not big deal, but for me it's really triggering. I'm not so much on the comment section of the internet for that reason. On one video there was a man shouting to a woman and I decided to share my opinion. When I saw the comment section

TW

everybody was praising the man for not "punching the woman" or things like that because they would have "totally done that", and calling the woman names and insulting the feminist for no reason...

So I decided to leave a comment saying I felt bad for the woman and people started calling me dumb and things like that and it felt really triggering... so I get really defensive...

I hate when people can't stand others opinions. I was just NOT defending the man, a man who choose violence as a way to resolve the situation, but for them it was just the "normal thing to do", and because of that my opinion was a "* opinion" and I didn't have "common sense". I know it is the normal thing to shout when people pisses you off, but it shouldn't be, something people don't want to admit, or see.

Rainagain

There are so many things on the internet that can damage our recovery, especially comments from unpleasant people, they are everywhere.

I would never post things, except for on here.

BlancaLap

Quote from: Rainagain on December 26, 2017, 12:22:50 PM
There are so many things on the internet that can damage our recovery, especially comments from unpleasant people, they are everywhere.
So true

Quote from: Rainagain on December 26, 2017, 12:22:50 PM
I would never post things, except for on here.
Good advice