to FOO; TW for anybody involved in combat or traumatised by war

Started by Blueberry, November 20, 2017, 04:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

I don't have the time or energy to word a letter so lobbing a couple of hand grenades at FOO  :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: one each to the major parties.

Was so angry last night at all the injustice done to me by FOO I could n't sleep properly and now I need to prepare for a client.

Blueberry

Thanks! It feels really good to see those explosions bursting into the air.

Blueberry

Whether due to posting this in Nov., or therapy work since then, or a mixture of the two, I no longer have such pent-up anger versus FOO in me that I want to lob virtual hand-grenades.

So, being allowed to express how I really feel, whether here or in T, without somebody coming along and saying. "Now, now, now, expressing anger towards FOO is destructive to you too", is permitting me to move forwards.

Of course, I realise now it wasn't anger, it was rage. Rage held within me is pretty destructive in itself. SH, psychosomatic pain, emotional paralysis being just three of the symptoms. My T has intimated that it's important for me to find words for it otherwise I get stuck in the overwhelmed ICs. So if I paint lots of red screams the way I used to, that's not finding Adult words for it. Undoubtedly that was the best I could do at the time, but now I'm moving forwards in a new way.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still angry at FOO but I'm better able to verbalise.