We are all genius

Started by voicelessagony2, January 21, 2015, 10:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voicelessagony2

Forgive me if this belongs in another section, but I just had to share...

The article is "10 suprising indicators of genius" but to understand why I'm sharing this here, you'll have to skip to the end to see what indicator #1 is... if you haven't already guessed from the subject line.

http://listverse.com/2013/12/16/10-surprising-indicators-of-genius/

flookadelic

I read, earlier on today, a quote by Einstein. "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Anamiame

LOL  I have six of those traits.   ???

Kizzie

This is a timely thread as we just saw "The Imitation Game" last night about Alan Turing who is credited with building the machine that solved the German Enigma code in WW2 and inspired the computer. A brilliant fellow who was bullied for being different and ended up commiting suicide after a year on chemical castration for being a homosexual. Good movie if you haven't seen it  :thumbup:

LunchBar

...Big breasts = intelligence (???) :doh:

schrödinger's cat

That particular entry in the list pretty much ruined its credibility for me. Whoever wrote it heavily implies that this claim is very dodgy,
but he wants it to be true because he likes big breasts, so it goes in the list. Seriously. It's still possible that the other list items are okay, of course.

voicelessagony2

Quote from: Kizzie on February 09, 2015, 08:33:11 PM
This is a timely thread as we just saw "The Imitation Game" last night about Alan Turing who is credited with building the machine that solved the German Enigma code in WW2 and inspired the computer. A brilliant fellow who was bullied for being different and ended up commiting suicide after a year on chemical castration for being a homosexual. Good movie if you haven't seen it  :thumbup:

Awesome movie! Loved it!!

So sad, though... he did not deserve to die like that.

voicelessagony2

Quote from: schrödinger's cat on February 10, 2015, 11:03:55 AM
That particular entry in the list pretty much ruined its credibility for me. Whoever wrote it heavily implies that this claim is very dodgy,
but he wants it to be true because he likes big breasts, so it goes in the list. Seriously. It's still possible that the other list items are okay, of course.

I didn't know what to think of that, either. I've always had an adolescent sense of humor, so one part of me giggled at it, but the feminist and the science enthusiast in me did find it absurd, improbable, and insulting. But, I decided the other items made it worth taking that item with a grain of salt. Or two.