Worry

Started by MajorMalfunction, August 26, 2014, 04:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Hi NettieMarie and welcome to OOTS!   No pressure but when you're ready perhaps you could post something in the Intro forum.

Glad you found your way here  :)

hopeless

For some reason, meditation is triggery for me.  I think it's because I don't see a difference so I feel like I must be doing something wrong. 

Butterfly

Andrew Johnson. Downloaded free phone app and going to check it out. Need something to de-stress.

Badmemories

@ MajorMalfunction, How did your weekend go? Did the seroquel work?

@Butterfly Can you tell me more about how the GABA works? i mean how does it effect you how long does it take to make you tired. Is there other benefits that you like? Don't like?

@Butterfly and Nettiemarie.

at this website there is a section of mindfulness that helped me with ruminating. http://www.bipolarsjuk.se/pdf/Handbook%20in%20DBT%20Group.pdf

It is on pages 14-19 The worksheet on page 17 is helpful to draw out your feelings so you can look at them clearly. when I went through treatment it really helped. in fact I don't ruminate much now.

MajorMalfunction

@Badmemories: Thank you for asking. It worked yes and no. It still hits me too hard for me to use it during the daytime. And nothing seems to be helping me to sleep more than four or five hours at most. No matter when I go to bed I wake up in a sweat around 4 a.m. and can't get back to sleep.

I'm meeting my lawyer today about the papers to file to get my legal custody restored and between the court date and now is going to be really rocky. My ex is liable to throw out all kinds of ugly accusations and it makes me ill just thinking about it and though my lawyer says I won't lose joint physical custody I can't help fearing it anyway. My ex has pulled some crazy rabbits out of his hat in court and gotten away with all sorts of things. He will fight this because he likes being the patriarch of the family and says he "owns" the children because he has temporary sole legal custody right now. Of course his wife is doing the bulk of raising the kids, he's working under the table somewhere right now to avoid paying child support.

Kizzie

All the best on a tough day MM, I hope it goes well. 

Nettiemarie

Quote from: Badmemories on September 02, 2014, 04:47:13 PM
@Butterfly and Nettiemarie.

at this website there is a section of mindfulness that helped me with ruminating. http://www.bipolarsjuk.se/pdf/Handbook%20in%20DBT%20Group.pdf

It is on pages 14-19 The worksheet on page 17 is helpful to draw out your feelings so you can look at them clearly. when I went through treatment it really helped. in fact I don't ruminate much now.

Thank you for that - very helpful.

Badmemories

@ majormalifunction,

I'm meeting my lawyer today about the papers to file to get my legal custody restored and between the court date and now is going to be really rocky. My ex is liable to throw out all kinds of ugly accusations and it makes me ill just thinking about it and though my lawyer says I won't lose joint physical custody I can't help fearing it anyway. My ex has pulled some crazy rabbits out of his hat in court and gotten away with all sorts of things. He will fight this because he likes being the patriarch of the family and says he "owns" the children because he has temporary sole legal custody right now. Of course his wife is doing the bulk of raising the kids, he's working under the table somewhere right now to avoid paying child support.

Sometimes I think that positive thinking is overrated but I think that would help you in this situation. I do think that it would help calm You some to give yourself a fair shake at coming off as a person in control and will make You look better in court. Try doing some positive affirmations about the situation. Try meditating on how happy your family will be when YOU have them for MORE time. Try to think about how YOU alone can help YOUR children heal and have a HAPPY childhood!

You have come a long ways on Your journey, give yourself credit for that.   8) ;)

Butterfly

Quote from: Badmemories
@Butterfly Can you tell me more about how the GABA works? i mean how does it effect you how long does it take to make you tired. Is there other benefits that you like? Don't like?
I usually take it an hour before bed because if I hit the pillow fully awake and wait I'm no good. Sometimes I take another just before bed if I'm having a rough night. There's no side effects that I notice. I don't wake drowsy as when I take my restoril.

Thanks for the rumination link.