Therapist wants me to relive trauma - don't want to *tw*

Started by songbirdrosa, December 20, 2017, 09:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

songbirdrosa

So, conclusion to the tale here, I guess.

I've talked to the service I'm going through, and they're going to change me to a new T who is more experienced in childhood trauma, and who can also offer EMDR if I want it. She's on leave until the end of the month, but I'm more than willing to wait if it means I'll be seeing someone better suited to my situation.

I also found out in the course of transferring that the problematic T had billed them for the session last week that I didn't go to, which to me more than demonstrates her true motivations in regards to my treatment. Especially as I gave her two days notice that I wouldn't be there.

Hopefully this new T works out well. I know I definitely need the support right now.

Mussymel

I'm glad you are changing and I hope this works out better for you. As we all know it is a very important relationship with your T and since interpersonal relationships are a big part of our problems we need someone who we can trust with all of that. I wish you the very best with it.

Elphanigh

Songbirdrosa, I am so glad you are being switched to a new T. It I should wonderful that you have taken action to get someone that is going to be more able to help you heal  :hug:

bogan

You need to do what works for you. I had emdr and it changed my life, and then I did write my story, It took 3 months and it wrecked me, lots of tears but it was so worth doing, it is now a story, every now and then I still add to it, my T will never read it, only me. it worked for me, but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done and I wouldn,t recommend it for everyone.

sanmagic7

songbird, very glad you found someone more informed in trauma and who might actually help instead of encourage more hurt for you.  best to you, always.    big hug.

salto

Stabilization and safety first! That's the most important step in therapy. A good enough therapist will never push your limits more than you can handle!

Glad you had the courage to change t!