celebrating the light

Started by helliepig, December 20, 2017, 09:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helliepig

I've had a hard week dealing with huge EF and really scared of the triggering effect of Christmas on top, then a difficult situation involving my teenage son tonight.
But I made a decision to ring someone and tell her how bad it truly has been, (really unheard of for me). When badly triggered I hide and stop and usually want it to end at any cost.
But this lovely person (who I met at a therapy group) listened and helped and guided and healed and for the first time the really really disgusting stuff inside of me was not just my burden alone. I was nearly out of my mind before I rang her with incomprehensible panic and somatic symptoms that were strangling me and now I feel almost normal. Then as if by magic another lovely friend rang me and suddenly I am ok. Not great, but ok
Huge for me, huge.
Taken me a long time to be able to feel the love and to find good people. Here's to the next chapter. xxx

Rainagain

I am really pleased for you.

Support from people you can trust is so important, I'm glad it was there when you needed it.

JamesG

good, well done. I have to say that making new connections that "get it" is a vital change to make. It's very normalising isnt it?

I suspect 2018 will see you consolidate this breakthru, keep it up Hellipig.

banzai!

Three Roses

helliepig

Blueberry

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Yay helliepig! Good for you!