New here..

Started by Confused sailor, December 23, 2017, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Confused sailor

Hello . New to this site, well to be honest new to this whole CPSTD , it has been 8 months of confusion and agony , the last 4 I have been in therapy,I have read many posts on here , now taking the plunge . My T recommended this site as a way to not feel I am the only one in world suffering . Even just sharing this has been difficult, thank you blueberry for direction on how to post ..

Three Roses

Hello and welcome! I'm just waking up or I'd say more, but I'm glad you're here.
:heythere:

Rainagain

Welcome confused sailor,

You are not alone, lots of us here struggling with the same issues, I find it helps to read the posts, often I recognise the things others find troubling in myself.

Safety in numbers with recognition of what we have all been through, this is a valuable place for me.

woodsgnome

Confused sailor, to borrow from your forum name...OOTS is like an anchor when needed, and there's even a house with a porch for on-shore refuge. It may take awhile to really get any solid footing or feel safe, it's all a bit dizzying at first; but there's an unmistakeable hint of peace, too. Nonetheless it's here, and now you are able to be and share with many who know too well what the journey is like.

Welcome.  :hug:

radical

A warm welcome from me too.

So glad you took the plunge, Confused Sailor, and looking forward to hearing more from you.

I've found OOTS to be a "safe harbour", and really hope you come to feel that way too.

Kat

Hello and welcome!  I'm so glad you're here and that you've got a therapist who sees the value of this forum.  I think you will find it to be a very welcoming, helpful place.  I look forward to hearing more about you as you're ready.  Be well.

Blueberry

:wave: Hello Confused sailor! I'm glad you made it  :cheer:

Take your time with sharing. Just do what feels comfortable to you. Self-care is important in living with CPTSD, and it seems like you're practising self-care right now.

This place is invaluable to me, hope it helps you too!

Confused sailor

Thank you to all for warm welcome and replies , Christmas is upon us , hope you all have a great gift . Under tree , I am beyond stressed about it , I have 3 beautiful grandsons , that I loved so dear, but they are a trigger for me . How can ones so innocent bring back memories of my child hood . Takes everything I have . To hold it together  .

Blueberry

Quote from: Confused sailor on December 24, 2017, 01:12:15 AM
I have 3 beautiful grandsons , that I loved so dear, but they are a trigger for me . How can ones so innocent bring back memories of my child hood .

In my experience too, children can act as a trigger, even though they are innocent and in no way want to be a trigger. Best with this! And do post over Christmas if it helps you.  :hug:

Confused sailor

Thank you Blue Berry , I am in my room , weighted blanket on  , peppermint scent lol, just trying to get my self together for tomorrow , I am trying every suggestion my white coat throws at me.  Meds included.  I need my old life back.  Want to be the poppa. That made them smile a laugh ,

Gromit

Hi,

How has it been today? Lucky your T is clued up on this stuff, peer support is so helpful with so many things.

Children can be a trigger, I find mine remind of things which happened, which seemed normal, but were harmful, and when they went to school even more triggers. But, it is also an opportunity to grow and change the story.
G

Kizzie

I hope you are doing well Confused Sailor, this time of year can be so triggering and difficult to get through.  I also hope it makes a difference to know you are not alone and that coming here helps you if even just a little.  :hug:

Hope66

Just wanted to say 'Welcome' Confused Sailor, and wishing you all the best.   :)
Hope  :)