How it all started

Started by LizB, December 28, 2017, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizB

Here is how my CPTSD happened.It was from my ex husband cheating on me during our 10 year marriage,infidelity.I do admit he put me through much pain and  lied to me about it.I saw the signs he was cheating on me,I remember washing the clothes he wore the night before smelling like perfume I don't wear.Always came home the next day with clean clothes on.Plus the credit card bills showing purchases of jewelry he bought these 3 women.I asked him about the cheating and said he would never cheat on me,this was a lie.What hurt the most was when I caught him red handed in our bed having sex with one of them,this was in June of this year.I told him out of the house packing his things up not to come back like this:   :pissed: .After that I knew it was enough seeing a divorce lawyer and filed for divorce.Admit this was the best decision I made,I did not deserve anymore what he put me through.Now free of him,the divorce was in August.I am doing great moving on and my family noticed something was not right with me 2 weeks ago being very concerned.I knew they were right and began seeing a therapist last week Tuesday.This therapist saw I had CPTSD which came from my ex husband's infidelity.Good thing is I know what is wrong with me and diagnosed properly.

Rainagain

Hi Liz.

I wish you well with your recovery.

Interpersonal abuse (eg betrayal) from people close to you is so very damaging.

LizB

Therapist saw I was very much damaged and betrayed by my ex husband.I felt this Carrie Underwood song described everything my ex husband did to me, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVEBZLrjpw4