CRM experiences

Started by Mussymel, December 29, 2017, 07:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mussymel

Has anyone here had experience of Comprehensive Resource Model therapy? My T is using this and my research of it has brought up mixed thoughts on it. I'm very early on in the therapy and frankly willing to do anything to improve things but I'm curious to know others experiences. It's hard to find stuff about it online that isn't linked directly to the original T who came up with it.
Thanks.

Three Roses

Sorry, haven't heard of that.  :Idunno:

Mussymel

No problem thanks for the reply Three Roses

sanmagic7

hey, i looked it up on the internet, watched a video of the creator of crm doing a session with a client.  it was interesting how the body was very involved, not just the brain/mind.  i was also impressed that it spoke about targeting c-ptsd, rather than simply ptsd.

please remember that you are in control, no matter what type of therapy.  if it becomes too uncomfortable, or re-traumatizing, you can say 'stop'.  the therapist is simply a guide for you, not an 'authority' figure.    you can also slow the pace down if it feels too fast for you.

best to you with this.  i'd be interested to hear how it goes for you, if it was helpful or not.     :hug:

Mussymel

Thanks Sanmagic. I watched the video too. So far I've been impressed with this T in relation to previous Ts (talk therapy) as he has stopped when it became overwhelming for me and took us back to resource work. I don't have a lot of options re therapy as I cannot afford private. This is public state sponsored specifically for victims of CSA. So I'm impressed that he is using such a new technique. I would love to get an impartial view on it from someone who has used it though.

sanmagic7

i'm glad he's stopped, slowed down the therapy when it became too much.   i think that's a good sign of someone who is more in tune with trauma and its effects.  thankful you found someone like that.  best to you with this - i hope you find it helpful.   big hug.