C-PTSD and colds

Started by JamesG, December 30, 2017, 08:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesG

ello,

huge frustration here. I had been doing really well, my energy levels were coming back, my head had cleared and I was starting to make big inroads into the future.

Then I get hit by work plus one of the most drawn out colds I have ever had, one I have had to work through, and work through the usual high emotion and blamestorming that has become a hallmark of my business partner.

This is now the third week of this cold and finally, I guess inevitably, it's joined hands with the C-PTSD. Fatigue and muddle-headed brain fog are all over me again. Hugely frustrating. I have a huge list of simple jobs to do, things that are fun if anything, and I just can't do them. Everything feels like it's too much for me.

I'm really annoyed because I made it clear to both my biz partner and the other editor that I needed to pace myself but they both carried on in their less than merry way and took us right up to the wire. Both had overbooked and then acted hard done by when it hit the fan. So I was forced to work straight through this bloody cold and so here I am, three weeks in bed and full of the anxiety that drifting gives me.

It's a real rabbit in the headlamp thing this, you know that time is going to work against you if you don't get on top of things and yet you just can't engage. Big trigger for me, and something of a feedback loop. The worry makes it worse of course.

The long term plan is good, I know what I'm fixing to do and I am certain I will get there, it's just the short term. I have to cut my links to these old patterns and regain control but I'm stuck in it until june at the latest. I move to Wales in march and my costs plummet, which is fab. New clients are in the wings, the writing is earning more and more... it's good.

But now, now is a *.

Rainagain

James,

I hear you, must be wearing you down.

The idea of 'jam tomorrow' is great, but when today is so harsh its hard to think longer term.

Fast forward would be handy.

Just keep on keeping on, you will get across the bridge, next stop Shangri la

Blueberry

Quote from: JamesG on December 30, 2017, 08:27:09 AM
Fatigue and muddle-headed brain fog are all over me again. Hugely frustrating. I have a huge list of simple jobs to do, things that are fun if anything, and I just can't do them. Everything feels like it's too much for me.

I know this feeling well. Also the long-drawn out colds.  :hug:

Walternut

I would like to know if I have a cold, how can I prevent people around me from catching colds?

Dee

I hope you feel better.  I recently had the flu and I felt like it broke everything down.  It is hard to deal with anything emotionally when you just don't feel good.

Three Roses

(And a big welcome to Walternut! Not spreading colds can be helped by hand washing and sneezing into the bend of your elbow instead of your hands. )