SAD

• 8 Replies

LittleBird

• View Profile
SAD
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:04:21 PM »
I always get a bit worse at this time of year. I don't always recognise how affected I get by the holiday season. I'm worried I've upset people by not turning up, being late or being in my own little world when I get there. I'm so tired and stressed.

Combine59

• View Profile
Re: SAD
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 08:09:26 PM »
Do you have a light box? On especially dark or dreary days I know waking up and using the light box to be helpful. Itís been so cold going outside is a problem too! Take care of yourself!

LittleBird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 08:19:34 PM »
I haven't got one unfortunately. I took a nice walk the other day and it was cold but refreshing. The second attempt the day later wasn't so good, but I'm going to keep trying.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
I am so sorry you are feeling sad Little Bird, but glad you came here and posted about it.  It helps me I find. :yes:

Feeling stressed and fatigued is common for most people during the holidays, but particularly so for those of us with Complex PTSD. Maybe If you can just let yourself go with it and allow yourself to rest more?   :zzz:  Also, are there things you enjoy doing that you find relaxing? It may help to pick one and take some time out for yourself.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:38:24 PM by Kizzie »

DecimalRocket

• The Cautious Thrillseeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 07:15:01 AM »
Itís fine if you need rest, LittleBird. We all need rest. At different amounts, but we all do.

You donít have to be there for everyone. Thereíll be other people there for them. For now, just take care of yourself and relax. You deserve it.
 :hug:

silver_lining

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 08:03:25 AM »
Hi little bird,
I just wanted to say to remember to give yourself compassion, the fact that you see how this time of year effects you, in any way shows your strength. You recognizing, you not fully being there is somewhere to start and practice mindfullness skills to put you in the moment. This is the time of year that is hard for a lot of people, especially us, I feel, but its also a time for reflection, and growth, and from what you've shared, you being aware of your own self says a lot. Keep going, and maybe even next year, make a promise or point to try and 'enjoy' the holidays, for you. You deserve it.

Hope you have a happy new year, and that next year is better then the last.

Silver :hug:

BlancaLap

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »
I just wanted to say to remember to give yourself compassion

:yeahthat:

It's normal for you to be like this. I know it sounds impossible, but maybe the best for you is to let it be like this. Think about it, try to do some retrospective work

LittleBird

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 09:56:32 PM »
I think you're all spot on. It's really tough after having a light bulb moment, to adjust to how you see yourself and see the world. Trying so hard to be grateful, just having some very run down times too.

silver_lining

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:41 AM »
It's really tough after having a light bulb moment, to adjust to how you see yourself and see the world.
:yes:
I definitely agree with you. Sometimes, just being, and sitting with it, is enough. Not questioning this, at times could be important. But also, being aware of your light bulb moment, and trying to hold on to what YOU want is important, just for yourself. It takes time, maybe try writing in a journal every morning of things you want to remain mindful of throughout your day?
I hope your feeling better now that the holidays have started to fade behind us...
Sending you support
Silver :hug: