Hello all. First post here.
I'm seeking some clarification if any others experience this along with me:
Sudden onset stuttering
Inability to speak/swallow/drooling
Complete detachment to reality
Hallucinations, both visually and auditory
Believing you are in a dream/nightmare
Forgetting who you are/where you are

From reading previous posts I see many people have experienced a majority of what I have experienced. It's these outliers that have me most worried. I would love either a confirmation that these symptoms are shared, or if these do not apply to you, thoughts on whether you believe these symptoms fall into the category of C-PTSD.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this and respond. It is sincerely appreciated.

songbirdrosa

Hi MlangS, you're very welcome here

Personally, I've experienced the first two (stuttering and inability to speak/swallow) when I have a particularly bad panic attack. They're usually accompanied by severe tremors and incoherent thoughts, too. I've also had the detachment and belief that I'm in a dream before too. In fact, the last four on your list can all be linked to dissociation, which is very common amongst sufferers of C-PTSD. It develops as a defence or coping mechanism to protect yourself from harm. I'm not well-versed enough on the subject to speak with much authority, but there's links to resources on this site, and a few people know more stuff too.

Hope this helps.

Rainagain

Hi mlangs,

I have had trouble with speech, can't swallow, choking on saliva when stressed.

Stuttering less often but its there.

I'd guess its more anxiety disorder territory than cptsd but not sure.

BlancaLap

Hi MlangS
For me it is:
Complete detachment to reality
Believing you are in a dream/nightmare
Forgetting who you are/where you are (it's not that I forget it, but rather I don't FEEL it)

MlangS

I appreciate feedback. I also associate many of these with panic attacks and dissociations, just seeing for if any fellow members experience this as a majority rather than a minority of the time.
In an effort to clarify and seek conformation for my most worrisome symptoms I'd like to re-ask the question with a tighter focus. Has anyone experienced:
Hallucinations of any variety.
Forgetting the names of your loved one, having no idea what they are, and again where you are
While during these "attacks" confusing people with other people, or even yourself.

For context, TW, if I'm having one of these "attacks" and someone comforts me I often experience the feeling as though I'm comforting myself. As though he person providing support literally is me.
I hope I have explained this with enough clarity for anyone wishing to answer my questions.
Thank you for taking the time to read.

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, MlangS! I also experience -

Sudden onset stuttering
Inability to speak/swallow
Auditory symptoms/visual flashbacks
Feeling like I'm in a dream
Forgetting where I am, what I'm doing

Thanks for joining,

Cookido

MlangS, I've experienced "forgetting" who my own partner is, whom I've been together with for over 2 years. For a moment he was a complete stranger and the feelings I had towards him was not based in reality.

I forget a lot of things, it rarely happens that I forget important things. But it has happened that I for example forgot friends names, pincodes I use every day like my phone or bank card or my own age. 

Rainagain

Hi MlangS

I posted previously about stuttering/choking, I have lost time episodes and forgetfulness too.

Not recognising places and people you know well and feeling outside of yourself is definitely a 'thing', my psych gave me a questionnaire full of questions like 'do you ever look in the mirror and not recognise the face you see there'.

I think it was for assessing dissociation, there must be different degrees of it I think.

I don't experience dissociation like that, but the reason I had the questionnaire is that my psych thought I had something similar.

I have other symptoms which aren't 'pure' cptsd but the psych didn't gather them up into a different or additional diagnosis.

I think your other non cptsd symptoms may or may not be enough to form a new or additional diagnosis, mine weren't but only a psych can tell.

My other thought is that treating the cptsd may well help all your symptoms?

I wish you well.