I just found two pictures that explains what it feels like to be dissociated

Started by BlancaLap, January 02, 2018, 10:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

I know you struggle greatly with dissociation.  I may have asked before, but have you worked with a therapist to manage it?  There are a lot of techniques that seem to help me.  Of course, it is never a one size fits all.  I try to remember it is a left over symptom of something that saved my life.

BlancaLap

Dee

It is definitely something worth exploring with a T.  You can ask to find ways to help manage dissociation.  There are many grounding techniques.  Also, you can learn what makes you dissociate in the first place and help manage the trigger.

RecoveryRandal

Actually, that second series of images really speaks to some of my experiences of dissociating. I'll describe myself as being "untethered" or that I'm rattling around in my own body.

I meditate daily, whether I'm dissociating or not. And I find that somatic-focused guided meditations, like body scans, are a useful way to help me feel reconnected to myself.

BlancaLap

Quote from: Dee on January 03, 2018, 02:41:42 PM
Also, you can learn what makes you dissociate in the first place and help manage the trigger.

I'm 100% I know what's the trigger, but I'll discuss it in another post

BlancaLap

I know I have been posting a lot in the dissociation section, but the truth is, whatever is happening to me, for me it doesn't have a name. I guess I use the word dissociation because it's something that everybody knows about, everybody knows about despersonalization, desrealization... but for me, it's much more than just that... it's a lot of things, and in one way or another, it's everything. I can't put it a name to it right now, but even if I could, I would choose not to. I guess it would lose the importance it has if I did that.

caroline

oh wow, the first frame on the first one and all of the second one.  I'm going to try and draw them for my partner and T!

Thanks for sharing these!

BlancaLap

Quote from: caroline on January 05, 2018, 10:14:07 PM
oh wow, the first frame on the first one and all of the second one.  I'm going to try and draw them for my partner and T!

Thanks for sharing these!

;D ;D