SI = EF

Started by Blueberry, December 08, 2017, 07:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Today that thought went through my head: "Might as well do yourself in." I countered immediately with: "That's an EF" and the thought was gone. This is progress for me.  :applause: :applause:

sanmagic7

congrats to you, sweetie.  well done.  big hug.

woodsgnome

:) Great to hear you realized what was going on, and even more were able to stop it in its tracks. I used to find this hard, and very discouraging. It still is, but lately has been better. Largely this is because of hearing and learning from progress like yours--that it can be done! It boosts one's hopes, confidence, and motivation to keep with this.

Three Roses

Hope66

:cheer:  That is progress.   :hug:

PeTe

I'm so glad you weren't taken over by those terrible feelings, and could just say no to them! It's so nice when you feel you're in control of those bad things as well  :)

Blueberry

Thank you all for the validation! You're right PeTe, feeling in control is really good. Because previously these feelings / impulse and the voice used to come out of the blue and stay around for weeks. I didn't even know about EFs then or why I had that voice in my head, it was just another thing I felt I had to put up with.

PeTe

I really hate it when I'm feeling ok and it's suddenly pierced by some bad feelings, and everything feels so unstable and like it's not worth the effort. And then, gaining some control over these feelings, just makes the skies ahead seem so much brighter.  :cloud9:  (hadn't noticed that there were more smileys available - hope I'm not overdoing it  ;) )

Blueberry

Quote from: PeTe on December 13, 2017, 06:37:06 PM
I really hate it when I'm feeling ok and it's suddenly pierced by some bad feelings, and everything feels so unstable and like it's not worth the effort.

:yeahthat:

This "not worth the effort" I'm very well acquainted with too. But when we gain control over these feelings - you're so right with this - the future looks much brighter. Makes perfect sense, because once we have some control then things won't come flying up out of nowhere quite so often.

Yep, there are lots of fun smileys, and no I don't think you're using too many at all. I know in the Guidelines there's something about not using too many, but you're well within limits.  ;)

hereforhope