New Year's Resolutions

• 3 Replies

LittleBird

• View Profile
New Year's Resolutions
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:45:18 AM »
I'm a bit late posting this because I've been busy. But have been thinking this morning about what I'd like from this new year.

I want to make progress with building myself up mentally and get fitter now I feel more able.

I want a new tattoo.

I want to make new friends and apologise to the friends/family I left behind if the reasons for doing that don't seem reasonable any more.

I want to study now I feel like I can retain information that bit better.

I want to learn to appropriately adjust my confidence in social situations.

I want to stop using the Internet so much and get to know people in the real world.

I want to be grateful for the positives I've experienced. I want to not repeat  mistakes again. This includes maintaining appropriate boundaries and asking for support when I need to.

Yeah, I think that'll do for now. I might ask a mod to move this to the recovery section.

Elphanigh

• View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:57:01 AM »
Those goals sound really positive, Littlebird  :cheer: :cheer:

Yeah, I think that'll do for now. I might ask a mod to move this to the recovery section.

I can move this for you if you decide you want it moved. It does fit well here if you want to keep it here since it is New Years related. Either is okay, I believe

Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »

Those goals seem achievable and tough.  Remember, they are not set in stone so do the best that you can.  Any step towards them is an achievement.

My one goal is to be a more positive person.

LittleBird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »
Positivity is great. I struggle with setting realistic expectations with positivity. Still got to keep it up tho.