I think Santa is bringing me nightmares

Started by Rainagain, December 20, 2017, 08:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainagain

Had a feeling of internal pressure and dread yesterday, (had some bad news). had a very long sequential epic violent nightmare last night.

The nightmare was similar to others I get when I'm stressed, they are bad and I awake thinking they are real.

I have nightmares every night, I only remember the really bad ones.

I think its due to Christmas. Its a different time of year, it has its own 'special' ability to trigger.

I need to understand I'm extra stressed, I hope everyone here gives themselves some kindness as its a tricky time of year.

Andyman73

Rainagain,
I'm sending you sweet calm dreams to ease your sleeping to restful and restorative sleep. Safe  :hug:if okay.

Andy :phoot:

Eyessoblue

Hey RainAgain, funny enough I've had the worst nightmares ever in the last month, when I wake up I'm still in my nightmare and throughout the day I remember chapters of it and am straight back there into it reliving it all again, maybe it is the time of year, I hadn't thought of that as I too am feeling particularly stressed, like you the nightmares are all relative to my life and seem to follow a pattern, hopefully they will soon subside. Hope you start to feel better.

Rainagain

Thank you for your replies.

I went back to bed, I don't seem to have nightmares if I sleep in daytime, odd.

I think we all need to be aware that Christmas can be a threat, like a severe weather warning 'take care, its Christmas, expect some symptoms to worsen'

If I understand what my amygdala is up to I don't feel so bad

Blueberry

I'll ask Santa to send you sweet, peaceful, calming dreams instead. I sleep better daytime better too.

Sending you kindness!

Rainagain

Aw,
Thanks blueberry.

I've heard from somewhere that brain chemicals like serotonin fluctuate throughout the 24 hr day.

I wonder if fewer nightmares during the day is a brain chemistry thing?