Your Inner Parts

Started by Perplex, November 14, 2019, 10:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perplex

I'm sorry if this is not the right place for the thread.
I was curious as to learning a bit more about what others and their different parts are like... And by parts I mean the little personalities that come out when particularly dissociative.
Are most parts good? Are some bad? How many do you think you have? Have they ever come out in front of other people? How did it go?
Only share if you want to obviously...

Jazzy

I don't seem to have little parts like that, or maybe I'm just really out of touch with them. But when I get really bad, I have another personality take over. He takes a different name, talks differently, and acts differently. He gets upset whenever someone refers to him by my name. He's really immature (a child), so I don't know if its good or bad; there is both.

People have seen this, as these states usually last months or years. They have made some comments, but haven't really made a big deal about it. I don't think people believe me about that other personality for the most part, even though there is plenty of evidence, and it is obvious to me. But, its not them that has to live through it. It feels like its not me living through it either, or that it wasn't me, when I look back, so I don't know how much it matters, really.

So, its not good.... its like parts of my life I didn't get to live, but I survived.

Three Roses

I'm not sure if this fits, but when triggered, I sometimes say things that I don't mean to say - by that I mean my mouth opens and words come out but it's as if I'm seeing it from a distance, like someone has taken control of my mouth and words and forced me to say things I don't want to say. I can see it happening and I'm horrified, I may even try to say something to make it better or make an effort to stop but my mouth keeps saying things. I do not know who this person is, she doesn't have a name but I know it's a part I have within me.

I do have a sense of others within me; they don't have names but they do have different ages. I call one of them my "inner angry teen" and I sometimes actively call her out when I have something I need to do that is daunting.

Hope this helps.
:heythere:

Not Alone

I wouldn't categorize any of my parts as either "good" or "bad." They are hurt children and sometimes that means a lot of anger or possibly acting out. Like any upset children, they need to be heard, believed and understood.

Mostly my Littles come out in therapy or at home. Occasionally, one may pop out briefly, but I don't think it is obvious or noticed.

Jazzy

Yeah, good point Three Roses. I've had that too when triggered by FOO. I really check out, and I don't even know what I'm saying, like someone else is talking. I usually say whatever will end the conversation the fastest.

Snowdrop

I've recently been researching Internal Family Systems Therapy, which focuses on parts. One of the key things it talks about is that no part is bad, but parts can carry burdens which make them feel angry, upset, fearful etc.