Acknowledging different 'parts' of me/my personality

Started by Hope67, February 03, 2018, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

I've been re-reading this thread again today - I am always amazed to see how much I've written in here in the past - it's like I 'forget' and return to feeling as if I'm not really processing things, but I can see I've been trying to process things for some time. 

In terms of recognising different 'parts' - I still haven't looked up Fraser's 'Dissociative Table Technique' that EZ Linus mentioned - it sounds interesting, and I really hope to look it up.  Mentioning drawing - I am still frightened of doing that - I still remember the time when I did some painting in a group setting and was shocked by what I painted - so I'm fearful of that.

I think I'm fearful of quite a few things, BUT I also feel like I want to proceed and work through these things - and make progress.

Hope  :)

Hope67

I've re-read this thread today - and now my head hurts all over, so I think I've overdone it.  Maybe I'm sickening for something, or coming down with something.  Anyway, I'll stop reading now, and have a rest.
Hope  :)

Kizzie

Rest is a good thing I've found Hope.  I find that although reading and posting here is brilliant in terms of recovery, it also takes a toll sometimes and I need to step away.  So good self-care on your part  :yes:    :thumbup:    :applause: