New to the site this is a introduction

Started by MyPrison1965, February 04, 2018, 12:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyPrison1965

My CPTSD started in the crib, coming from a environment that was very hostile, abusive, neglectful and being regarded as not important. I have had a long and confusing struggle in life with this affliction and always wondered why? I was told by a counselor 5 years ago that I had PTSD but I thought that was not quite the right assessment of my situation. Watching a TV program last week the word complex PTSD came out and so I googled it and this fits me to a T. So now that I am in my early 50's and after reading many posts that you all have made I do not think I am the only one who feels different from the rest of the world. I have been labeled a many of negative things throughout my life from others and I always thought that if they only knew, would they understand? Well they do not and do not want to hear about it either, so hear I am to offer myself to conversation to learn and  maybe others can learn from me.

sanmagic7

welcome, myprison, so very glad you found that show and that you're now here.  a lot of us had that same experience - being diagnosed with ptsd but not feeling that it really fit.  c-ptsd is such a different beast.  happy to have you aboard.

looking forward to hearing more from you.  i hope you find the support and understanding you need here.  it's such a wonderfully caring group of people who have helped me so much. 

Dee

Welcome.  I think that you will find understanding and support.  While we have all gone through our own thing, there are definite similarities in how it has effected us.

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, Mtprsion! I'm glad you're here. I'm glad I found this community of wise and caring survivors, they've helped me immensely to understand my damage and deal with the symptoms. Hope you find the same is true for you. Thanks for joining!