New OOTS Blog - First Article is Online

Started by Kizzie, February 08, 2018, 09:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

I've started a blog to see how it will go and hopefully will be able to entice guest authors to write about an aspect of CPTSD that members and the public can comment on and/or ask the author questions.

Our first article is by Anna L. Bragga, an OOTS member who has published a novella about a young woman who suffers abuse throughout childhood and into her adult years.  The main character Deborah Rawlings (Debs), has suppressed much of what she endured and does not realize that ongoing trauma has led to the development of Complex CPTSD. Debs struggles to make her way in life only to keep encountering barriers both seen and unseen.   

In this article, Anna discusses the reasons she wrote the book and why she believes it is important to find creative ways of reaching young people such as Debs and making them aware of the effects of trauma and the help that is available.   The article may be viewed here.

Elphanigh

:cheer: :cheer:

Great idea to start this, and well written article!!

radical

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
                                                                                                        :cheer:
                                                                                                   (that's me above)

Thanks Anna                                   :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

sanmagic7

your creativity, kizzie, and positive outlook, along with all your wonderful ideas to bring c-ptsd out there for other people to know about has been fantastic.  thank you so much.  once again, above and beyond.  you're great.      :hug:

Kizzie

Well tks San, what a lovely start to my day  :hug:   I hope we can entice guests on an ongoing basis and that the blog is of enough interest to make it worthwhile, same for Twitter.  Never hurts to try. 

Author Anna

Thank you Elphanigh and Radical 

I've taken the plunge now, and there's no going back as far as talking publicly about CPTSD is concerned.
It's all thanks to Kizzie for giving me this opportunity, and working with me to ensure I produced my best.  :thumbup:
Being published here has given me the confidence I needed. I'm sharing the link on my social media networks.
I really hope my article sets the right tone for a series that will draw more people to OOTS, get more people talking about CPTSD.

:yourock:

Anna