Starting again

Started by Elphanigh, February 11, 2018, 09:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

I am not sure I have ever posted in this section of the forum before. It feels good of be finally able to do so  :cheer:

I drew strict boundaries with a narcissistic that have actually be maintained, doing that has brought me some peace in a few areas that abuse had stolen from me. My music has mostly come back. I can play for hours at a time again, remembering why I loved it before. I am claiming back a piece of me from all the darkness I went through.

This feels like true progress in my recovery journey

Blueberry

Sounds like huge progress. :cheer: :cheer:   :)

woodsgnome

Elphanigh wrote: "This feels like true progress in my recovery journey."

And then some! Anytime one's own music comes back like that, it's not only a sign of progress, it's a sure indication that your heart's core is being reignited with joy and love.

May your music stay with you this time. Even if it's just your personal song(s), the world's beauty will resonate to the restored and healthy vibration you add to the mix--and how you did it is a sure sign of progress.  :applause:

Elphanigh

Thank you both!

Woodsgnome it is great to have it back. I have been a musician all of my life. My bachelors degree is in music performance, and I used to play three or four hours a day simply because I cared and wanted it that much. Missing the part of me that loved music was such an ache to me. There has been a part of my soul that has been missing, so starting to reclaim that is meaningful beyond words.

Gwyon

What a sweet feeling.  I'm so happy for you!  :yes:

Elphanigh

Thank you! It is certainly a process but I have loved it thus far

sanmagic7

i'm close to tears of happiness for this, el.  you've made my day even better.  i wish i could hear you, but i'll play it in my head instead.  just knowing you're out there playing makes all the difference.  you go, girl!

Three Roses

QuoteThis feels like true progress in my recovery journey

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Elphanigh

Thank you both, I am glad this has made everyone so happy as well.

San, if you want to hear closer to what I play listen to "Poem" -Griffes, or "In Ireland". Both are beautiful pieces and are the two I am working on right now :whistling:

I like vanilla

Wow! Elphanigh, that is great. Making boundaries is difficult, and to do so with a narcissist is Olympic gold-medal-winning accomplishment.

And, to be finding your music again. I am so happy for you. I think music is one really wonderful path to Self, and love, and live, and connection. Plus, it is just enjoyable to do.

Congratulations! And great job!!

Elphanigh

Thank you so much! Made my night to see this  :hug: