1 year anniversary on OOTS

• 6 Replies

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
  • Baby steps count!
    • View Profile
1 year anniversary on OOTS
« on: February 12, 2018, 03:56:03 PM »
Today a year ago I joined OOTS. Feeling low atm and not like celebrating. Feeling low because of hurting somebody else emotionally. Who in no way deserved it. It was MY bad.

OOTS has given me so so much: validation, support, a place to write when things are really difficult and I might SH when writing on paper, a huge chance to heal and grow. Also a chance to admit to my own mistakes and character defects and still be accepted and probably forgiven. In that way, functioning a bit like a well-functioning 12 Step group.

Thank you so much everybody!

:yourock: all of you!

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 year anniversary on OOTS
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 04:24:24 PM »
I'm glad you're here.   :hug: I've also recently hurt someone, without meaning to of course. We can only ever be ourselves, be true to who we are, and repair connections when we fall short. It's being human.  ;)

Elphanigh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 04:48:10 PM »
I am glad you are here too, Blueberry. We occasionally hurt people by accident, that is part of being human. I am glad this place is one we can safely make mistakes, and still be cared for.

Thank you for making this place one I feel welcome

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:57:11 AM »
Happy Anniversary Blueberry, so glad you have you as a member of the Mod Squad and a friend.    :hug:

Maybe one of this anniversary's small gifts you can give yourself is some compassion, even a gentle pat on the back for facing the fact that you my have hurt someone, feel badly about doing so and are trying to make it right.  I would give anything to have had that from my FOO, I'm sure most of us here would.   :yes:

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
  • Baby steps count!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 11:06:02 PM »
Thank you all!  :hug: I feel like I'm among friends here and it's a great feeling  :)

Kizzie, I was actually being pretty self-compassionate by my standards  ;) Not had a fit of SH for instance, and even my thoughts were less bad than usual. But still, thanks for suggestion. I'll take it to heart as meaning that working on developing even more self-compassion would be a good goal  :yes:

You're right, getting those actions from FOO even now (not just in childhood) would be nothing short of a miracle.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25:08 PM »
 :cheer:  Good to hear BB!

sanmagic7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 08:21:01 PM »
congrats, blueberry.  you have been such a valuable part of this forum, first as a regular member, and then as a mod.  well done.

i hate it when i do those kinds of things, too.  unfortunately, they happen.  love and a warm hug full of compassion and self-acceptance.