Reality check please....

Started by Gwyon, February 15, 2018, 04:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyon

Hello all,

I could use a reality check...

Do my posts seem to be helpful, responsive? Or do I come across as a "know it all" or one who "doesn't really get it"?

For some reason I'm fearing I'm out of step with rest of community.  And, as  per usual, I can't distinguish truth from my own internal narrative.

I do know this: while my life has been profoundly difficult compared to the bulk of my real-life peers, it pales in comparison to the trauma so many of you in this community are grappling with.

If my contributions are sometimes off the mark, please feel free to inform and enlighten me.

Kindly,
Gwyon

Blueberry

Your fears sound familiar...

I know many of us including myself tend to compare as in: 'I didn't have it so bad, everybody else had it worse.' So join the club. Some wise person recently posted on here that while we mostly suffered different traumata, the end results we're dealing with are pretty similar.

I read too many posts with my Mod hat on to remember how yours are exactly, but if they'd been way off the mark, you probably would have received a pm from a Mod by now.

Now let's see what members say who regularly read and comment on your posts say.

Rainagain

Keep posting gwyon, I think you are doing fine.

I also think a range of responses is useful for people who post, we all have our own truth, and the issues we have are so intractable that a few differing opinions or experiences is to be expected and welcomed.

I recognise your unease about being on target though. I think we all feel a bit like outsiders much of the time, but we are here and we all belong.

sanmagic7

gwyon, i think that if you're posting from your heart, you're doing just fine.  i wonder some similar things about my posts, too, but so far i haven't run into too many problems.  when i do mess up, someone lets me know, and i'm able to change my post, apologize, or do whatever is needed to fix the mistake.  i think you understand what i mean.

anyway, making mistakes, hearing about them, etc., has also been helpful to this forum.  i've been told by more than one person that they appreciated seeing how these things can be taken care of in a healthy, non-shaming, non-blaming manner.  this is such a fluid place that thoughts and opinions have been helpful even when we don't necessarily know it. 

personally, i think your posts and responses have been valid and valuable.  i'm glad you're here.  big hug.

Gwyon

I appreciate  the feedback. Thx.

Dee

I worry too, I think many of us do.  You are doing great, keep at it.   :hug: