Work and career recovery

Started by voicelessagony2, February 01, 2015, 07:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voicelessagony2

I think I may have reached a turning point... my little life raft drifting aimlessly in the middle of the ocean maybe has a sail, and maybe I can learn how to steer it in a direction. Any direction would be an improvement over drifting!

I traced my work experience history back to a time when I felt the most confident, and I something jumped out at me. In the sequence of events that led to my current career category of "change management" I kept skipping past a very significant detail... I would have never taken this direction if it wasn't for my PowerPoint skills. I was doing some basic data analysis on a project, and I found myself hanging back after a meeting and watching the project manager and change manager struggling to align bullets, and having mutliple problems with the program itself and the OS, and I couldn't stand to watch them struggle when I instinctively knew exactly how to fix everything... so I spoke up, politely, and when they saw how quickly and effortlessly I fixed everything, I immediately became the 3rd member of the project management team.

I miss that feeling of confidence and contribution, so I decided to just focus on powerpoint as my specialty. I'm going to market myself as something like, the powerpoint whisperer or something. I already started writing up a description of services, the beginnings of a business plan, etc.

Just wanted to share. Woohoo! A direction! I no longer feel so lost!  ;D

Whobuddy

Kizzie

Yay VA, I love the idea of The PPT Whisperer lol.   :applause:   

voicelessagony2

Oh no, BeHealthy, I've been away from OOTS and it looks like I missed out on this opportunity to help you!  :'(

Please PM me and I will give you my contact info in case I can help in the future!