Momentum Building

Started by C., February 03, 2015, 03:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.

Today I am simply awed and grateful for the existence and growth of this community of people healing from or somehow related to CPTSD.  250 "members" in about six months...that means about 500 in a year and it will keep growing as those knowing about CPTSD and looking to heal find this web site.

Three years ago I was diagnosed with "PTSD" because I had the anxiety attacks (EF's), but I hadn't experienced a "visual" trauma.  I knew FOO had an impact, but I didn't understand.  But the resources weren't out there much at that time either.  Then like so many I found "CPTSD" and it brought everything together.  The EF's with their nebulous origins that I'm learning to find and address.  I am not discounting anything, but it was so strange to have PTSD symptoms but no visual trauma...no car accident, rape, war battle, etc.

Thank you to a Greater Good for making all of this happen.

Jdog

C-

This site is a wonderful resource, and I am grateful for all the effort you have been putting into this work.  I figured out I was codependent but then couldn't make sense of EFs ( or even name them) until I found Pete Walker on the web.  My therapist neither confirmed nor disputed my idea that I have Cptsd but the more I read and shared things with her the more she seemed to agree that it could be a reason for my suffering.

Thanks to everyone who bravely posts their innermost joys and sorrows here.  It all really helps.

C.

Well put Jdog.  I know what you mean.  Every time that I participate in some on with this forum I feel like I am taking a step forward in recovery.  My T referred to two types of diagnosis, the one the insurance will accept (depression) and the "working" diagnosis, in my case C-PTSD.  It sounds like you've found a good enough therapist to help you on towards recovery.

Jdog

Yes, I think the insurance issue is a huge one.  My therapist is a gem, and I actually like that she allows me to figure things out for myself.  I mostly communicate with her via email so get accostomed to writing about my discoveries. Having OOTS is a great added bit of extra help.

M

Like many others, I am grateful for this community.  I am grateful that I have access to others committed to healing. I believe that survival is first, but we must recover. For me that takes studying...how do I work? How does he work?  How do normal relationships work? What does a really good relationship look like?
I am grateful that I am 62 and here is no societal pressure to be a couple or stigma in being single.
Still, I am sharing responsibility for an elderly man who has no family with my ex. This is the last frontier of interaction. I have slowly moved farther and farther away. I can see how people in a relationship who try to end it abruptly could have moments or days when they wonder if they should go back. This slow way reinforces every step away by letting me look over my shoulder and see the reality of what I left.