Working with feelings / Group work?

Started by Layla83, February 11, 2018, 10:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Layla83

Hi everyone,

I'm Layla and I'm new here!  :wave: I'm glad to have found such a great resource! I'm wondering, I'd like to take part in group work, do you know of any good resources in New York? Or are there groups online perhaps?

I've educated myself a lot on my cptsd, but I need to start working with my feelings and grief. I am very aware of the fact of what my next step is but I'm a freeze type so my process is slow, and to be honest I'm struggling taking the first step. I'm so detached from my feelings and I don't allow myself to be myself (I think I abandoned myself as a child). I'm trying to figure out how I can start this process and stop delaying it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Layla

Blueberry

Welcome Layla  :heythere: Glad you're here.

For New York - I have absolutely no idea. For me the best is this forum! Amazingly supportive from day one, with tons of information, and a really good place to work through my feelings.

Merely by reaching out here you may just have started your process  ;)

Blueberry

ah

Hi Layla  :heythere: welcome!

I agree with Blueberry, for me this forum is a full fledged group that helps me understand what I'm going through.

I also totally agree that writing here is a pretty big first step in its own right.  :) I'm glad you're here!

Peerapatpp

This content makes me feel that it is very useful. It is a new knowledge for me that I never knew.

Three Roses

A big welcome to both Layla83 and Peerapatpp! Hope you find this community a welcoming respite from the world at large. There's so much support and info here. Thanks for joining!
:heythere:

Layla83

Thank you all for being so welcoming! :grouphug:

Replying so late as I didn't get notifications of your replies, maybe I can change that in my settings. I'm really glad to hear this and will definitely explore this forum. It's been very helpful so far! I'm looking forward to getting closer and closer to the core. Have a great weekend everyone!

Dee

Welcome!

You won't get notifications of replies, so it is best to check in now and then.

Unfortunately, we don't have referrals for you.  We also do not do live chat.  However, this is a wonderful, supportive forum with people who care and understand.  As you explore I am sure you will be able to identify with others here.  Also, as we are global the forum is active around the clock.  I'm glad you found us.

sanmagic7

very glad you're both here.  valuable first steps taken by posting here.  you're on your way.

i've found this forum to be the best support group i've ever known, either online or in real life, and i've been part of quite a few.  kind, caring people looking out for each other.  stroll around, take a peek here and there, and post more when you're ready.  welcome.