Reasons to be cheerful

Started by Rainagain, March 01, 2018, 10:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainagain

As well as a great ian dury song I wondered if this could be a section for us to post upbeat stuff, if it ever happens?

Here's one:

I bought a used car yesterday and today it started and ran perfectly!

Three Roses

The sun came out today and it was warm enough to go outside barefoot and in a T shirt! AND there was a deer family in my yard munching happily on our grass.  ❤

Kizzie

I like your idea RA - just moved it here with the other threads like this so members will see it.

miaoue

Quote from: Three Roses on March 01, 2018, 11:08:09 PM
The sun came out today and it was warm enough to go outside barefoot and in a T shirt! AND there was a deer family in my yard munching happily on our grass.  ❤

whaaaat i am so jealous. it is below freezing here. brrrr!

my reason to be cheerful is that i have a tiny indoor herb garden in my kitchen and the herbs are actually growing...!! i think this is the first time i have not killed a plant :cheer:

Blueberry

On March 1st here it was about -15°C!

Today I had a few hours of professional development and came out feeling pretty buoyed and motivated. Started implementing it on the way home in the train.  ;D

Rainagain

I found some interesting stuff on the beach and saw the first primroses of the year.

I also did a bit of work outside as it was dry and above freezing.

Gromit

I finished pruning my apple tree as it was dry & not too cold.

Blueberry

I'm feeling good! Therapy yesterday seems to have worked wonders  ;D My neck-ache from this morning is gone too

tea-the-artist

i love this idea too rainagain! the reasons so far sound so beautiful i love it! ;D ;D
my reasons to be cheerful are that the 3-day chest pains i had this weekend are finally gone! and that sunday turned out to be sunny and I celebrated the coming of more sunny days (which has also motivated me to draw and paint more frequently) :cheer: :sunny:

Blueberry

Yesterday I cycled past a green crocodile with little red spots! It was lying beside a garden centre. Somebody had done topiary on a cotoneaster (??) bush. It cheered me up right away. Topiary is not that common here at all. I also remembered that going outside increases the chances of seeing something unexpected and cheerful like that.

Perplex

Today is just such a lovely sunny day. I actually want to shower - and not because I have to but because I want to. I also got plenty of work done today (33% more jobs done than usual!) And after my shower I can play a game with some friends. That makes me rather cheerful.

Geeky Gramma

My reason to be cheerful:  in finding this website, and connecting with you amazing survivors, my gift of writing arise from it's deep slumber.  This outlet is helping me find relief, expression, and purpose.  Thank you all!  :heythere:

Kizzie

And that gives me reason to be cheerful GG  :grouphug: