PDM - 2

Started by Sceal, March 06, 2018, 05:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

(Not sure if this goes here or under the Research part of the forum. )

So I was reading an article at a university paper today and I came across an article about PDM-2.
It's a diagnosis system seperate from both ICD-10(11) and DSM-V.  PDM is short for psychodynamic diagnostic manual.
I couldn't find the actual manual, other than the offer to buy the book.

But on one of the articles I found ABOUT PDM it said:
QuoteIn summary, the PDM aims to detect and describe patients' characteristic mental experiences, thereby increasing the capability of clinicians to relieve the psychological distress of the distinctly individual patients who seek their help. It attempts to restore the connection between deep understanding and treatment, without the requirements of other diagnostic systems that they be useful for demographic studies, billing, institutional record-keeping, syndromal research, and other ancillary uses of diagnostic labels.

And I find that interessting!  I thought I'd share it with you guys, maybe it is something who could have use for this. Though, if someone has access to the booklet in itself. I'd love to hear what it says about  trauma related things.

Here's the article I quoted from : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4471982/