Trumped Out

Started by Kizzie, March 16, 2018, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

This whole thread has me thinking that the PD in my family is probably BPD not NPD and that's kind of a relief! Or the PD is actually unrealised, unrecognised and undiagnosed CPTSD (in other mbrs of FOO I mean), so not even PD. But I'm not sure about that. Doesn't change anybody's behaviour or the effects on me. 

:thumbup: :thumbup: you have something to keep you going Kizzie!

Elphanigh

Thank you, Kizzie. I really appreciate the link. Pence scares me because he has the political know how, he has jailed women for having miscarriages before (as far as I know they are still in jail and will be for like 30 yers) He strikes me as more dangerous purely because he has the know how to get more done, that and everything he stands for endangers my well being. That whole gay conversion therapy, women having no rights etc... I am out openly and that becomes a problem when he is in charge.

Although trump is extremely damaging in his own way, sitting here having to live under them both Pence is scarier to me. I hate that e have someone allowed Trumps NPD into office, which is damagin so much progress that was being made. I do have faith that he will not win at reelection but doubt anything will happen before than tbh.

The one plus of having him in office has been the flood of awareness for sexual assault survivors, there has been a huge movement because of the atmosphere of this country. It is not a bright light but it is something to hold onto in the craziness. It gives me hope for what is to come after. I don't think I will ever be able to be open (until my parents are gone) but it gives me hope that others will be able to. That this horrible state will lead to massive change as tends to happen historically.

Blueberry

Quote from: Elphanigh on March 20, 2018, 07:57:01 PM
That this horrible state will lead to massive change as tends to happen historically.

So true! That is something to, um, look forward to.

Elphanigh

I like how that is phrased, Blueberry. I both look forward to, and am terrified of it. We need some change for the better. Awareness for things like cptsd, and npd etc. maybe this will be what was needed  :Idunno:

Kizzie

I absolutely love the fact that Jon Oliver's book is topping the NYT bestseller list because it tells me that great change is coming Elph.  There is no turning back from diversity  no matter how much old pale stale citizens may wish they could turn back the clock.  This is a bit of a revolution I do think, a painful one though I know.

I can also see why you are saying Pence would make such a dangerous President, he does know how to work the system.  I can only hope voters will reject him if it's the case that he takes over from Trump. 

Elphanigh

Thank you Kizzie. Knowing you see the change coming really gave me a moment of actual hope. I may sound hopeful but a piece of me is always worried it will never actually come. As far are Pence I hope so too, he is the replacement automatically because of how our system works but he would stand to not be re-elected the same time Trump is currently.

I am glad you posted about this Kizzie, sorry if I got too political. It is close to home and affects me as a survivor but also just as a whole.

Jdog

It's good to laugh when we can.  Lots of things suddenly seemed hilarious today when I hit the point of being overwhelmed by politics, violence, and just dealing with teenage rebellion in the middle of everything. 

Beyond all else, we can remember that we are here to do good in the world.  Just that thought is very, very powerful. 

DecimalRocket

Glad you guys have found a way to make peace with it. I may live far away enough to wonder what in the world Westerners are doing with their politics sometimes, but even from here the U.S's presence as a superpower may even affect the rest of the world. Multiple people around the world are aware of him, and what he says could influence them.

On the day he was elected, the head teacher announced it, and on that day, you can hear hundreds of students groaning. Trust me, it's not just people in the West that's upset about this. You're not alone in this, and if there are a few people worried on this forum, you can imagine thousands more standing beside you around the world.

Elphanigh

Thank you, Decimal. This is really good to know  :hug:

Blueberry

Anybody remember "Nellie the Elephant"?

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
and said goodbye to the circus
off she rode with a trumpety trump
trump trump trump

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
and trundled off to the jungle
off she rode with a trumpety trump
trump trump trump

I remember this being quoted a bit coming up towards that big unfortunate election

Kizzie

:rofl:   I wish Nellie would ride off with a big orange Trump BB and never come back  :yes:

DR - I have a friend in the UK who told me Trump blocks out the sun there too, right alongside all the Brexit turmoil so it's a double whammy. :stars: 

I don't remember ever being quite so affected by politicians before - perhaps being dissociated was not always a bad thing  :whistling:

Rainydaze

He's such a doofus I can imagine him slipping on a banana peal and accidentally landing on his 'big and powerful' button. I'm in the UK and my husband and I enjoy watching the SNL parodies of him on YouTube, plus the brilliant Trevor Noah's observations on The Daily Show. It is scary seeing such an obvious narcissist in power but if stripped of all his wealth and his soapbox then at the core he really is just a silly, racist old man with a terrible haircut.  :grouphug:

Kizzie

Gah, I went online to order the Marlon Bundo book that Jon Oliver's staff wrote and it is sold out!  When it's available again I am going to add it to our OOTS "Shop" page just so I feel like I have done something to support the LBGTQ community (not to mention sanity and reason) in the age of Trump and his morally bankrupt and just plain mean minions like Pence ;D 

Blues - SNL and Trevor Noah are awesome I agree.  I also like Stephen Colbert, Kimmy Kimmel, Seth Myers and of course the infamous "Man of Many Words' Jon Oliver.  I watch a LOT more comedy than I ever used to.

Elphanigh

Kizzie, as someone that falls in the LBGTQ spectrum I really appreciate that you want to do something for it. Also just for sanity as well! Craziness

Kizzie