caught by a friend

Started by Dee, March 24, 2018, 05:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

I was out with a friend this evening.  She has become been a huge support for me though she knows little of my story, but some.  Last week we went shopping, something I hate but tolerable and safe with her.  I really needed new clothes and she was there for me.  She bought a skirt but we didn't find a top to go with it.  Tonight she told me she found a top.  I asked her to describe it and she said she just did.  She said she just told me it was mint green, longer at the back and crop in the front.  I heard none of that.  She said it's no big deal she's getting use to it.  Then she went on to tell me I do that all the time.  I had no idea.  I was aware of it some, but not to that extent.  My kids would say, mom, mom, what were you thinking about and I would make up something.  My kids are gone and now a friend.  At least she is okay with it.

Rowan

Dee,

She's a good friend, who is not worried that you'd find that difficult, or awkward. A hug and thanks for understanding are more than enough :)
Rowan

Deep Blue

Dee,
I've done that quite a few times, but to the best of my knowledge no one has ever noticed.  I guess I deliberately surround myself with people that are not so perceptive.  Perceptive people ask questions... I don't like that.

It's nice that you have a friend that accepts you for you.  It's good that you found someone like that.  We all have our idiosyncrasies so I wouldn't worry too much about it. 
Take care  :bigwink:

Cookido

This happens to me too. I feel sorry for my partner at times when he has to repeat himselves 2-3 times because I just can't remember or process what he's saying. Other times I just don't realise he is talking to me at all. I'm just too busy in my bubble.

You seem to have a good friend though. I don't think people generally mind too much. Usually I just say sorry and that I got lost in my thoughts or that I'm a bit tired.

Dee

You all highlighted the most important part, I have a fantastic friend!  And even though I may be self conscience about it, even try to dissect it, she doesn't.  She is able to laugh and be okay with who I am.  I'm very lucky.

Blueberry

:cheer: :cheer: you have a fantastic friend :cheer: 

DecimalRocket

I think that's sweet. :) Glad you can be grateful for her.